Alan Hocknell of Callaway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Lia, at this point, after all of your bullshit, why do you even care what anyone here thinks? Why don't you go somewhere and get all your answers. I'm just asking. What purpose does anything you do here serve? You obviously feel you're smarter than anyone so what's left? You haven't added anything at all to any thread but just some whacked out talk that no one understands.

lia41985

Questions, not answers. Avenues for exploration, not features on a new product. Experimentation, not authorization. Calibration, not automation. You'll get it.

Which, back to the thread topic, you can see why I feel some affinity for Luddites. softconsult (Steve) and Lindsey presented their thoughts well.

There's a difference between scientists and those peddling "technology". Big difference.

Think about the paradoxical nature of "proof". Placeboes that cost ya several zeroes.

Uh ha

Last edited:
i don't spread anything as "truth"....i say "as best we know today"......and the "best" comes from our group's "appeal to authority" - except for chris como, he does research with a real professional.....

since you have refused to appeal to authority, you had better get your PHD in physics, engineering, or math pretty damn quick - and line up some funding

lia41985

Well, Kevin, when I can get Brian to open his mind to allow himself to alternate from misguidedly preaching "deceleration" to discussing the phenomenon of "negative acceleration" I feel as though I may slowly be endowed with the capacity to hydrate equine beings. And in the process I learn, too. It's fun.

Last edited:

lia41985

I like Chris, a lot, Mike. I've talked to him on the phone and interestingly, he was pretty quick to tell me about the limited applicability of "lab results" to "real life teaching." Nevertheless he found the research process seemingly invaluable. So much trial and error. No matter where you are. No wonder we need to be humble.

Arrogant approach? Personality disorder?

This coming from one half of the dynamic duo that every couple years discovers the unassailable truth.

Ironic how cathartic the internet can be. You can frame the murderer but in the end only crucify your damn self. Where in the heck do you get off, Finney?

When I was on your side I wasn't arrogant, I was doing a "great job" (click the following link): http://www.brianmanzella.com/golfin...ng-include-no-deceleration-34.html#post238981

Work, lol, right...

You're silly. Have my secretary make an appointment to bullshit with you later. I'm busy right now.

Who's authority have I appealed to? God, he great. And...

All I ask is you all try to figure it out for yourselves.

Your thoughts on Dr. Gracovetsky might qualify.

The arrogant approach is typified when birly-shirly asked how you ran your experiment and you dropped this gem

I'd tell you about it if I was looking for a peer review to validate my findings.

Someone asks a strategy question on a forum (that is expressly for the sharing of facts and opinions about the game and its strategy) and your only response is "figure it out for yourself shake my damn head". That's why you are a douchebag.

Questions, not answers. Avenues for exploration, not features on a new product. Experimentation, not authorization. Calibration, not automation. You'll get it.

Which, back to the thread topic, you can see why I feel some affinity for Luddites. softconsult (Steve) and Lindsey presented their thoughts well.

There's a difference between scientists and those peddling "technology". Big difference.

Think about the paradoxical nature of "proof". Placeboes that cost ya several zeroes.

Uh ha

They aren't Luddites. Luddites are opposed to new technology in general. The folks you mentioned are opposed to technology that doesn't do what it claims to do.

lia41985

No, sir. Rather, it's that the best way for you to benefit from this exercise is that you do it for yourself. When you figure it out yourself then it's truly yours. I guess I'm not surprised Hogan didn't want people to mess with his vibe by talking to him. Why share the thought "work it out for yourself"? Well, you kinda asked. Ultimately, that's the answer. But you really gotta appreciate it. Savor the journey.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e_tkZegUozY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nhMnLamHctA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
All work...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1O3b5V-rCs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:

lia41985

That's rude, Bonesy, but certainly you're entitled to your opinion.

What makes me sad about your insinuation is that I frequently speak of God's mercy, our need for humility, and the fact that we are all prone to mistakes. I'm also very quick to apologize.

The seriousness of your implication is really insulting and hurtful. Very much so.

You talk about being humble and showing humility and then proceed to fuck up lots of good threads with your "let me show you how smart and thoughtful I am" bullshit. Give it a rest.

You talk about being humble and showing humility and then proceed to fuck up lots of good threads with your "let me show you how smart and thoughtful I am" bullshit. Give it a rest.

Shit. My response was going to be "how do you know Bonesy was talking about you?

LOOK! I can embed VIDEOS!!! UH HA

Last edited:
What I am exactly saying is that a Titleist adjustment is not the same as the Taylormade adjustment. The Titleist adjustment actually alters the club, whereas the TM kick plate is baloney.

Well, yes. Even Titleist describes its hosel adjustment as loft and lie, rather than loft and face angle - so they're different alright. I wouldn't pretend to judge whether one system is better than the other, although lie adjustment for woods was offered by Ping years ago and they didn't pursue it.

"Baloney"? I'm not rushing out to buy one, but I can see how it could work for some players. If you never ground the club as you take your grip, then I can see why you'd be so sceptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.