Alan Hocknell of Callaway.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
The last time I checked, this website is called brianmanzella.com. The man's name is in the title. After 1900 posts, you should know that by now. He is a PGA Professional and in the business of marketing himself and his teaching methods. He is also very good at his job. If you don't agree with everything he teaches, fine. Please stop ruining this site for the rest of us. Brian's not God, but he's a damn good golf professional.

If I wanted to know how to hit a golf ball using a clamp, or the practical significance of deceleration versus negative accelaration I would have clicked on shitnobodycaresabout.com.

Seriously man, find a way to use all of that knowledge you've attained, become legendary. Until then, focus on breaking 80.

Eric -

When it gets warmer out, I am coming up for a visit, a lesson, and a beer afterwards. Hall of Fame post, my friend.

Erik

awesome_thread.jpg

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
you know with all this talk about lower cg's and reducing spin we should all be able to create like 1000rpm of spin on the monitors. I've been hearing 200-300 rpm spin reduction in all these drivers for years.

I was wrong when I stated that Titleist adjusts for Loft and Face Angle. It's Loft and Lie Angle.
I have played the 910's for 2 years and, frankly, the adjustments pale as a variable when
compared to my golf swing variables!

Cobra has had an adjustable hosel for face angle for the last (roughly) 3 years. It's a simple design and has 3 settings (open, closed or neutral). They had it before Puma bought them, so I don't know why Titleist didn't adapt that technology in addition to their loft and lie angle hosel.

I have the original ZL, S2 and AMP and the same hosel adapter is in all three so you can interchange shafts with all three heads.

leon

New
future Anti-Summit speaker.....

Just to say, as it seems to have gotten lost in this thread, that Alan is one heck of a smart guy. Also, there is a lot of 'science' behind all of their 'marketing'. You could do worse that go the to Anti-summit and listen to everything he has to say :)

Nice job in getting him on-board Mike.

Leon,

Thanks for the response....Dr. Hocknell does not know that he is on board quite yet. He was very accommodating the times we have talked, so I am hopeful that when we do our next get together that he would be a part of it. I will certainly bring this up to him again in Orlando and see what Callaway would allow him to do.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I was wrong when I stated that Titleist adjusts for Loft and Face Angle. It's Loft and Lie Angle.
I have played the 910's for 2 years and, frankly, the adjustments pale as a variable when
compared to my golf swing variables!

Actually it's loft/face angle and lie angle so you weren't incorrect. Titleist adjusts loft by adjusting face angle as do most other adjustable drivers however they felt that getting the golfing public to understand that would be more difficult than just telling them loft and lie angle. I have an early image of the 910 series "manual" and it shows the face angle change that correlates to the loft change. However they don't show that in the manual anymore.

The last time I checked, this website is called brianmanzella.com. The man's name is in the title. After 1900 posts, you should know that by now. He is a PGA Professional and in the business of marketing himself and his teaching methods. He is also very good at his job. If you don't agree with everything he teaches, fine. Please stop ruining this site for the rest of us. Brian's not God, but he's a damn good golf professional.

If I wanted to know how to hit a golf ball using a clamp, or the practical significance of deceleration versus negative accelaration I would have clicked on shitnobodycaresabout.com.

Seriously man, find a way to use all of that knowledge you've attained, become legendary. Until then, focus on breaking 80.

What a great post!!! Couldn't make it better if you tried to!

Status
Not open for further replies.