Clearing my hips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not at all. I hope we've established that you probably did do it.

But are you saying that you definitely did...?:)

Absolutley. Ive hit every green in competition countless times. Its not that big a deal. Now in a major? Totally different level. Also, in my area, you simply cant statistically hit every fairway....its like doing it at The Olympic Club. And noone has ever AVERAGED 90% GIRs, right?

Do we really believe Nicklaus didnt go every fairway, every green a ton of times in his career? I mean, if a broken down clubpro can do it a number of times im sure Nicklaus did it a million times. Tom Lehman never missed a green in 3 Sunday singles at the Ryder cup...thats like 39 in a row.

GIR stats really arent a good judge of ballstriking. If Mickelson didnt have the short game he does, he wouldnt be in a position to go after so many pins and Im positive he could hit 4 more greens a round by playing to the center.

Exactly. Great point. Even Fairways are questionable. I'll bet a lot of guys could hit every fairway at 225. Higher speeds miss more fairways. And longer guys have less club into the green from the rough. So all that stuff is misleading. Do you think it's accurate to say that when we went to long graphite shafts and metal woods, we left the era of great drivers? Great drivers like Palmer, Nicklaus, Norman all played with shorter usually steel shafts no?

Absolutley. Ive hit every green in competition countless times. Its not that big a deal. Now in a major? Totally different level. Also, in my area, you simply cant statistically hit every fairway....its like doing it at The Olympic Club. And noone has ever AVERAGED 90% GIRs, right?

Alright sir. You seem trustworthy, so I'm upgrading you from "probable" to "almost certainly did" - despite the absence of supporting accounts in the media, and even though "countless" is one of those weasily wee words that could mean a couple of different things...

But UR still a hater.

Ah, but have you ever done it in Poland?:)

Dariusz J.

Very good job, Gents. Thanks. I am convinced that hitting 100% FiR & GiR is not such a rare thing as I predicted. I am also convicted, thanks to this thread, that Nicklaus deserves to be mentioned in the top list of ballstrikers.

I'm going to humbly suggest - that isn't golf.
You are missing out on some incredible fun and satisfaction with the game if you truly believe that. What if you miss the first two fairways of the round, you must feel a sense of disappointment over the next 16 holes. That's no way to play this game of misses, bad breaks, and imperfections.

No probs, Mr.G., I and my attitude have already been called worse LOL. I am disappointed if I miss the first one as well, however, I still have fun playing golf.

Do you think it's accurate to say that when we went to long graphite shafts and metal woods, we left the era of great drivers? Great drivers like Palmer, Nicklaus, Norman all played with shorter usually steel shafts no?

Noone forbids reverting to steel shafts and hitting more fairways. Unfortunately, it would not pay back and even be silly if one is not punished for lack of accuracy from the tee. This is the way the true golf, that golf of "control is the name of the game" is being killed on our eyes. I hate it.

Cheers

Dariusz J.

Ah, but have you ever done it in Poland?:)

Do not laugh...from time to time Americans or Englishmen play in Poland and we can easily verify positively the info that a US 5 index is equal sometimes even to 15 in Poland. Sad but true.

Cheers

You raise an excellent follow-up topic for further discussion Dariusz.

Once we're done debating this one, can someone please start a thread on optimal weightshift, so that we can threadjack it into a

"What IS the conversion factor to be applied to US handicaps when they travel to Europe?" debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.