For all those that share Brian's "50 lb. goal" in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Billy, I'm trying to do my best. Bacon and Eggs for breakfast is only 8 pts. It's easy to keep my net carbs at way under 100 grams a day. Tonight is a Chicken curry, all the chicken you can eat for only 3 pts. Plus a nice glass of Red wine. Way under the carb count and the point count.

Just a reminder to keep an eye on your trans fat intake. Deep frying increases the amount of trans fats in foods and is NoNo on Atkins.

http://www.atkins.com/research-library/nutrition-articles/the-dangers-of-trans-fats
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12503.asp

Bronco Billy

Hey Billy, I'm trying to do my best. Bacon and Eggs for breakfast is only 8 pts. It's easy to keep my net carbs at way under 100 grams a day. Tonight is a Chicken curry, all the chicken you can eat for only 3 pts. Plus a nice glass of Red wine. Way under the carb count and the point count.

Just a reminder to keep an eye on your trans fat intake. Deep frying increases the amount of trans fats in foods and is NoNo on Atkins.

http://www.atkins.com/research-library/nutrition-articles/the-dangers-of-trans-fats
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art12503.asp

Terrific... Good For You!!!! We Will survive.... We Will NOT Live a Deprived Existance.... We Will Roam the Earth skinny and Healthy.... I Deep Fry in Peanut Oil from Sams in a Fry Daddy(1Qt of Oil) Which I Throw Away after Each use.... 35# PNut Oil at Sam's $30.....NO Trans Fat.... You Might Wanna weigh Yourself and Your wife Naked every Morning and record it to keep track of your Progress.....Have a Great Day.....:)

caveman.jpg

Its funny how Atkin's accepts the literature that says trans fat raises LDL and lowers HDL, but they don't accept the literature that says saturated fat raises LDL.

Bronco Billy

It might be what Atkins supports now but...

Bill, I hate to tell you, but it sounds to me like you are doing baically a low carb diet. Sounds like you've cut out all the simple carbs, which is the main message from Atkins and the like. Of course, Atkins would also allow you to add more fat to your diet, but it's not required. Somehow people get this idea that you're only allowed to eat lard and butter on these diets. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm doing sort of the same thing right now. My wife is a big Weight Watchers fan and I agreed to do it with her. So I've combined the two. Cutting out all the "bad" carbs, but also keeping the fat intake in line with the WW point system.

Keep up the good work, and I wish you the best of luck.

I don't know much about the modern Atkins at all. I do know about the Atkins that Bronco Billy rants about and don't subscribe to it. A 1/2 lb of bacon in the morning would make me sick.

I have known about the glycemic index for better than 10 years. Also, I have a lot of info about fats. So, whether Atkins subscribes to it or not, I try to cut out foods that are high on the glycemic index. That coupled with lean meats and plenty of veggies is the ticket for me.

Thanks for the best wishes and same to you.

Bronco Billy

I don't know much about the modern Atkins at all. I do know about the Atkins that Bronco Billy rants about and don't subscribe to it. A 1/2 lb of bacon in the morning would make me sick.

I have known about the glycemic index for better than 10 years. Also, I have a lot of info about fats. So, whether Atkins subscribes to it or not, I try to cut out foods that are high on the glycemic index. That coupled with lean meats and plenty of veggies is the ticket for me.

Thanks for the best wishes and same to you.

You Don't Like Big O Bacon and Planters Peanuts??? There is Something Wrong With You..... You Better Get a Check Up.... Have a Great Day....:)

meat%20vaseline%20013.jpg
15-00007-000_Planters_Peanuts.jpg

Bronco Billy

Weight Update.......

All of Those Who Participated in this Thread are Required to Post Their Progress/Digress...... This Report must Include Starting Weight, Present Weight, and a Coherent Discussion of Their Progress/Digress..... Have a Great Day with Your True Confessions.......:)

All of Those Who Participated in this Thread are Required to Post Their Progress/Digress...... This Report must Include Starting Weight, Present Weight, and a Coherent Discussion of Their Progress/Digress..... Have a Great Day with Your True Confessions.......:)

I started October 2007 using the updated Atkins you see on the Atkins website (really could just as well say the Zone diet, because when I exercise a decent amount I follow the Zone guidelines for increasing carbs - all of the younger guys I work with who train for bike races/marathons use the Zone guidelines). I do not weigh because I am somewhat OCD, and I don't need to fixate on daily differences, but so far I have dropped 7 inches off my gut, gone from a 41 inch waist to a 37 inch waist, gone from a 17 inch neck to 16 inch neck, and dropped from a standard "XL" shirt size to a "L" in most brands.

My goal is to lose 4 more inches off my waist to a get to a 33 inch waist - to be where I was 30 years ago in high school - by the end of this summer. My other goal is to now work back up to being able to run 3-4 miles a day (something that is nearly impossible when you are 60 pounds overweight and pushing 50 years old).

My wife, who weighed 137 last fall, has lost 10 pounds just because what I eat, very limited carbs, has changed what she eats, and she's thrilled to wear the clothes she wore 7-8 years ago.

Planters Roasted peanuts are my standard snack, and I have a very large serving of bacon every Sunday morning, so I am on the modified Bronco Billy plan. LDL cholesterol -- despite eating much more fat and many fewer "healthy whole grain carbs" -- is much lower, and resting pulse is much lower.

I feel tremendously better than I did six months ago.

I have basically limited myself to 20-30 grams of carb a day, most of which come at dinner (I have under 10 carb grams during the day), and I have one meal a week when we go out on Friday or Saturday night where I do not count carbs and allow myself a treat of sorts.

Last edited:

tank

New
Had lost 15 lbs (in the first 3 weeks), but then I hurt my lower back shoveling snow. That made me stop my regular workouts, and I eventually stopped watching my diet. I know that I have put some weight back on but am still ahead of where I had started.

I am healthy again and started back at the gym and on Atkins on Monday.

I am giving myself until the end of June to get in great shape. I will not weigh myself until then.

Last edited:
most people that are trying to lose weight would be better off not thinking in terms of trying to lose X pounds in Y months. its better to make healthy lifestyle changes and monitor your progress. if you start out with the goal of losing 50 pounds in one year you are just setting yourself up for failure...

Bronco Billy

Atkins and Taubes........

I started October 2007 using the updated Atkins you see on the Atkins website (really could just as well say the Zone diet, because when I exercise a decent amount I follow the Zone guidelines for increasing carbs - all of the younger guys I work with who train for bike races/marathons use the Zone guidelines). I do not weigh because I am somewhat OCD, and I don't need to fixate on daily differences, but so far I have dropped 7 inches off my gut, gone from a 41 inch waist to a 37 inch waist, gone from a 17 inch neck to 16 inch neck, and dropped from a standard "XL" shirt size to a "L" in most brands.

My goal is to lose 4 more inches off my waist to a get to a 33 inch waist - to be where I was 30 years ago in high school - by the end of this summer. My other goal is to now work back up to being able to run 3-4 miles a day (something that is nearly impossible when you are 60 pounds overweight and pushing 50 years old).

My wife, who weighed 137 last fall, has lost 10 pounds just because what I eat, very limited carbs, has changed what she eats, and she's thrilled to wear the clothes she wore 7-8 years ago.

Planters Roasted peanuts are my standard snack, and I have a very large serving of bacon every Sunday morning, so I am on the modified Bronco Billy plan. LDL cholesterol -- despite eating much more fat and many fewer "healthy whole grain carbs" -- is much lower, and resting pulse is much lower.

I feel tremendously better than I did six months ago.

I have basically limited myself to 20-30 grams of carb a day, most of which come at dinner (I have under 10 carb grams during the day), and I have one meal a week when we go out on Friday or Saturday night where I do not count carbs and allow myself a treat of sorts.

I am Glad You are Doing So Well..... You and I know that Atkins is the Only Diet in the Universe that allows Human Beings to Lose Weight at the Fastest and Healthiest way Possible by Eating the Best Food and Never Being Hungary......

I want to Thank You for Making me Aware of Good Calories Bad Calories...The Books 10 Conclusions are the 10 Truths of Nutrition and are Equivalent to F=ma in Physics...... Have a Great Day and Continue to Keep and Propagate the Faith.......:)

Everyone - Do whatever you can to get into shape and stay there. I surely need to drop some pounds too. I lost a cousin last night to a heart attack. She was a West Virginia fan and passed away just after their OT loss last night. It is over in the blink of an eye folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.