Golf Channel, Thank you very much for the opportunity - Brian Manzella

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three of the winners made multiple appearances on Kessler's program Golf Academy Live back in the day. I thought TGC was looking for new talent.

Golf Channel Winners are..

1. Martin Hall
2.Karen Palacios-Jansen
3. Wayne Player

The top 2 have been on the old show Academy Live in the past. Don't know Mr. Player.

Comments??

S

SteveT

Couldn't find the Martin Hall video, but watched Karen and Wayne.

Don't sell the science ... sell the sex and sizzle .... :D

Just viewed the Martin Hall video ..... and .... I conclude ..... he will turn back the understanding of the golfswing by 50 years minimum.

It's obvious that TGC only wanted people who could communicate simplistically with the neanderthal, obese mass of golfers .... the 90% who can't break 100 without lying and cheating ... their target audience ... like with their Big Break and Trump stupidity.

Our BManz and others were too complex in their messages ... and were quickly eliminated. TGC is for duffers, hackers and assorted fatazz gawkers.

Last edited:

ggsjpc

New
1. Martin Hall
2.Karen Palacios-Jansen
3. Wayne Player

The top 2 have been on the old show Academy Live in the past. Don't know Mr. Player.

Comments??

Wayne Player is Gary Player's son.

Not a bad thing to have on the resume.

Martin Hall worked with Ben Doyle on some level. Recently saw the Ben Doyle DVD's and there was some paper with a hand written note that made reference to Martin, old copies of notes they (Ben and Martin) had exchanged. Not sure if he is a "science" guy or not, but there is some sort of relationship with Martin and Ben.

Karen as said has done many older Academy shows and she is great. I have never heard of Wayne.

I thought the contest was for four instructors. Must be mistaken. Nov 29th starts a 2 week kind of deal with a new instructor each night. Looks like they will be on Michael Breeds "Golf Fix" show each night. Jack, Gary, many legends, along with the newer folks mentioned will be the featured person each night. I might watch "Golf Fix" during that time. Michael is a bit high strung for my taste. "LET'S DO THIS" does me in. Others would say he is passionate, but he just irritates me. Much in the same way SteveT does others here. Ha ha...

-Dan

I have taken a a few lesson from Martin. He reinvented himself with Ben Doyle and while he is a GSED he is a Doyle machinist. A good teacher but certainly not the most entertaining or polished. He also had had shows on TGC so I don't see how this was a search at all. Palacious is a tall glass of water but not a person I would ever take a lesson from and Players submission was pure crap! I watched it and it was not good.
I think this whole contest was a PR stunt because these people have either been on TGC or in Players case have a hall of fame dad.
I won't be watching, I would rather pay for Brians DVDs and get great instruction with a little good entertainment mixed in.
Ric

I have to agree with those who said that it wasn't much of a search. I'm not yelling "conspiracy", but you have to wonder how you do a nationwide search and come up with people who have connections to the channel already. Seems like a waste of time...

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
What a joke...all of them have been GC regulars before.

I thought they wanted something new....

GC continues to show why they are terrible.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The Facts.

Just viewed the Martin Hall video ..... and .... I conclude ..... he will turn back the understanding of the golfswing by 50 years minimum.

Whoa.

Martin is head and shoulders more knowledgable that anyone on Golf Channel.

And, BTW, a friend of mine.

Our BManz and others were too complex in their messages ... and were quickly eliminated.

It had NOTHING to do with it.

Martin Hall worked with Ben Doyle on some level. Recently saw the Ben Doyle DVD's and there was some paper with a hand written note that made reference to Martin, old copies of notes they (Ben and Martin) had exchanged. Not sure if he is a "science" guy or not, but there is some sort of relationship with Martin and Ben.

Ben's (boys) Tree are basically form these branches...Bobby Clampett; Gregg McHatton, Bobby Schaeffer, Billy McKinney, Steve Khatib; Brian Manzella, Mike Finney, Tom Bartlett, Chris Hamburger; Michael Jacobs; Tom Ness, Chuck Cook, Martin Hall.

I'm sure I missed a few.

Martin is having Ben talk with him at an upcoming seminar.

Just like lots of his boys have.

:)

Ben's (boys) Tree are basically form these branches...Bobby Clampett; Gregg McHatton, Bobby Schaeffer, Billy McKinney, Steve Khatib; Brian Manzella, Mike Finney, Tom Bartlett, Chris Hamburger; Michael Jacobs; Tom Ness, Chuck Cook, Martin Hall.

:)

Just curious, why the bold names compared to the non-bolded names?

S

SteveT

From Harvey Penick's Little Red Book - Psychology, page 74:

"The golfing area of the brain is a fragile thing that is terribly susceptible to suggestion. Golfers are gullible."

Truer words were never spoken .......:rolleyes:

Karen says: "... long, lean muscles work best for golf ..." and the lady knows what she is talking about.

She is obviously thinking of golfers with my svelte physique ... 6'3" - 175 lbs. .... soooo obvious.

What is also obvious is that our BManz didn't have a hope competing against mini-skirted babe like Karen ... and he decided on his own that he needed to lose some weight to look a bit more svelte on tv ... smart man that Brian ..:D

Ugghhhh...this nonsense makes me want to dig ditches for a living..."develop long lean muscles"...at least she's pretty. Serious, does she think those twinkie moves will do anything? You all want to see some chicks exercising, go to youtube and put in 'crossfit women' and you'll see athletic training that makes a difference.
Brian, you are, indeed, too good for the Channel. They would have to pay you to NOT expose their bs.

Mr. Player needs to look at his dad's swing. It was/is nothing like he describes in his video. Golf aint like throwing a football either.

Hall is an excellent teacher, but the saw, hammer and flipping burgers references were way to gimmicky for me.

I tought Brian's submission was very interesting, and the game is complicated. I suppose everyone in golf channel land are "simplicity buffs".

ej20

New
99% of all players are not interested in obscure and esoteric discussion on golf swing technique.We are an extreme minority.Right or wrong,it is what it is.

Want to be on TV?Be presentable,have some charisma,posess a good looking golf swing but not necessarily good,can crap on about technique and be believable but not necessarily correct.You will then appeal to those 99% which is what TV producers look for.

Right or wrong,it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.