Handle dragging "just when I thought I was out they drag me back in"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone could look at DST golf and their new training clubs. They have a bent shaft and would seem to encourage handle dragging.

They are the rage of the PGA and European Tour and getting some great reports from amateurs. How does this square with Brian's findings ?

Ulster

ZAP

New
I think that for people who already know how to release it properly those clubs might just help them get adequate forward shaft lean. For those of us who like to handle drag it might be the kiss of death.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I think folks literally have NO IDEA what handle-dragging is.

Forward hands have almost NOTHING to do it.

I tried the training club. I didn't like it.

I agree with Brian that mist just don't know what h-dragging is. I do it from time to time and I know why.

Brian, why do you think people drag?

I agree with Brian that mist just don't know what h-dragging is. I do it from time to time and I know why.

Brian, why do you think people drag?

Why? Aside from what I said above (too long radius), could it be to avoid closing the face too fast, in other words to slow down the roll?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
When a couple of pals of mine who teach on the tour went to get on ENSO and get their players measured...

THE ONES THAT HANDLE-DRUG HAS A HIGHER RATE OF CLOSURE!!!

The speed has to go somewhere....

When a couple of pals of mine who teach on the tour went to get on ENSO and get their players measured...

Wouldn't that mean exactly what I'm saying? They handle-drag because their rate of closure is faster? Wouldn't handle dragging avoid centrifugal force from going out to the clubhead?

His left wrist stays in flexion forever. He could be a TGM poster boy. If he isn't HDing, exactly what is he doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pmkKuYZ0A
So left wrist must extend/cup to not be considered handle dragging? What if he just naturally have a slow rate of wrist and club closure?

How about extension or bowing out of the left side of body? That would make the hands move more DTL and result to face and hands staying squarer longer, but that's not handle dragging...it's just getting plane dynamically more vertical.

Of course they have. It can't be any other way.

As regards the Spieth driver video:

His left wrist stays in flexion forever. He could be a TGM poster boy. If he isn't HDing, exactly what is he doing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pmkKuYZ0A

A flat wrist does not mean dragging, just as a bent one does not mean flipping. Capish?

mp29

New
Of course they have. It can't be any other way.

As regards the Spieth driver video:

A flat wrist does not mean dragging, just as a bent one does not mean flipping. Capish?

The original point was that he looks like Woods 2nd pic above with the left wrist arched through impact with forward shaft lean, and he's not "going normal" like the first pic. I don't care whether he's pulling through with the left side or pushing the handle with the right.

Can we have definition of handle dragging?

I seriously am in doubt now what handle dragging is. I thought handle dragging is literally dragging the handle with the hands while keeping it square (as opposed to rolling the hands, actively or inactively).

Status
Not open for further replies.