Kevin Shields - PGA National Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on the cut line as usual. Because of the putter I am no longer competitive but ill try to grind my way through. Thanks, man.

Bad putting/distance control or you don't have the ball in position for makeable putts? I believe that bad putting is more about ball placement than our stroke. Nobody can make 3-5' curlers for a living on sloped greens (>3%). Play well. I get down on myself all the time for bad putting and realize that it's not my stroke, it's more about the severity of the putt itself that causes one to miss.

Great putting starts in the fairway! The mechaincs of the stroke are simple. Green reading properly and gauging distance control under pressure are hard.

Well played Bayonet. This is a very difficult course, especially in the afternoon. Here is a quote from someone who is playing in the tournament.

"I had lunch with Jason Dufner and I told him where I was going and he said if you think Olympic is tough, that place (Bayonet) is impossible."

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great playing today Kevin. Bogey free on a tough course. I want to see you in the PGA Championship!

Whoa Nellie!.....Cart before the horse....

This even par 36-hole start means Kevin is playing the final 36 and is in good shape in THIS tournament. That's it.

All that other stuff is afta, afta.

:)

Top 20... me thinks.

Well played today!

animal-house-stars.jpg

When Kevin makes it, I sense a road trip to Charleston, SC.

Who cares if we don't have tickets?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.