Michelle Wie and Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotty V's got a point I think:

"If I was her adviser, I would tell her to go kick all the ladies' tails around for about four years and if she wants to try again when she's 20, 21 and grown up more, and maybe a better player, come on back."

Ya....

I was thinking yesterday...

How many times is she gonna miss the cut....

It's gotta get discouraging after a while missing the cut time after time....I mean.....I guess she knows she is playing against the men tho so it's gonna be tough...

I can feel tho that it's starting to grow a little tired...

She'll keep trying tho and she'll improve.

I think she should prolly stick to trying to beat the women a little more....get some mojo going.......cause it's not gonna get an easier on her.....pressure wise.

Ricky1990 said:
Its her dad. Its his fault! He forces her to play in the mens events!

Her dad is apparantly a ******

I thought that she was just a kid trying to live out her dream???

Scotty V make's a great point. She doesn't have the skills to compete on the PGA tour and it is laughable for her to even think that she'll hang with the men one day. If she really wanted to try her hand at beating the "boyz" wouldn't holding cards on both the nationwide and LPGA be a more logical step???

She's a talented kid with out much success. She hasn't won on any level of golf, she doesn't hold any JR titles. If I were in her camp my suggestion would be:

1) Play the men's events that you are contractually obligated to play.

2) Play part-time on the nationwide tour to get use to competing with men that hit the ball longer and that have better short games.

3) Win on the LPGA and learn how to beat Annika, Creamer, and Ochoa on your own tour before you think your ready to hang with TIGER and CO.

I'm tired of watching her suck arse.

Last edited:
She is a kid trying to live out her dream, well she aint trying. She is living her dream!! Playing with the men.

But her Dad does force her to play in all these mens events! Id hate to have forceful parents!

Selfmastery! She has won at every amatuer level there is! What you on about she hasent won at any levels? She wouldent be were she is now if she hadent of won anything you ass!

Last edited:
Ricky1990 said:
She is a kid trying to live out her dream, well she aint trying. She is living her dream!! Playing with the men.

But her Dad does force her to play in all these mens events! Id hate to have forceful parents!

Selfmastery! She has won at every amatuer level there is! What you on about she hasent won at any levels? She wouldent be were she is now if she hadent of won anything you ass!

You need to edit your post again Ricky.

Ricky1990 said:

I don't think that she is being forced to play men's events. I think that she honestly wants to play every single men's event that she is given a chance to play. No one really knows what goes on inside of her inner circle. If she didn't play in PGA events we wouldn't even have this topic, there would be nothing to talk about.

Anyway here is her record:

http://golf.about.com/cs/womensgolf/a/wietimeline.htm

My point is that she hasn't had any real success on any level. She's won one amateur and some rinky dink state championship. I stand by my comments on winning on the LPGA and attempting to qualify for the Nationwide.

Ricky1990 said:
BUT THEN SHE WILL BE TAKING UP A YOUNG MANS SPOT WHO IS ALSO TRYING TO QUALIFY FOR THE NATIONWIDE TOUR!

lol joke!

note that I said she should QUALIFY for the nationwide and not take a free ride. I think that is her only way to learn the skills that are mandatory to play on the big stage (PGA).

And it's also a better story having a kid that is constantly winning on the LPGA that is also making cuts and placing well on the Nationwide. If she doesn't win her star will begin to fade and there will be fewer invites to play on the 'real' tour.

self-mastery said:
note that I said she should QUALIFY for the nationwide and not take a free ride.
I dont think she is even close to having the skills for the nationwide or the cleveland tour, or the moonlight tour or any tour that is playing tourneys on 7200+ yard courses

shootin4par said:
I dont think she is even close to having the skills for the nationwide or the cleveland tour, or the moonlight tour or any tour that is playing tourneys on 7200+ yard courses

True!!! But the only way she is going to learn how to play 7200+ yard courses with a difficult setup is through experience. She might talk a big game about feeling like she's getting better at playing PGA events, but it has to be discouraging to fail everytime you tee up.

Here's a link to her stats for the 84 Lumber"

http://www.pga.com/tournaments/scoring/scorecard.cfm?PlayerID=27424

She has a lot of work to do. I now think that winning on the LPGA might help her confidence, but it will not help her compete on any men's tour (distance +course setup.) Maybe she should try the hooters tour... She could pickup another endorsement especially if she 'develops' more...

Well she did say in an interview that she is going to start alot of gym work for her distance, and then she will need to start practicing her short game ALOT!

Ricky1990 said:
Well she did say in an interview that she is going to start alot of gym work for her distance, and then she will need to start practicing her short game ALOT!

She needs to see one of these guys:

Pelz, Stockton and Faxon

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
Brian,

You don't think that she has gotten too 'synched up'?
She looks too tight(like CH111), and seems to miss left a bit with irons, right with driver. Do you like her swing? What would you do differently?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Oh...

I would have her do DOZENS of things different in her swing and HUNDREDS of things different in her game/tournaments, etc.

But, even with her current move, her PUTTING stinks.

Damon Lucas

Super Moderator
I had dinner with a Wie insider about two months ago, and managed to find out a couple of things that she works on with Kelly Leadbetter...

She is trying to take her hands out of the stroke....and doesn't know how to do that,
she is trying to putt with her stomach muscles, but doesn't know how to drill it in. The 'camp' is trying to come up with some weighted ball training aid that will give her the sensation.
Her aiming is a little suspect...
Her speed improved mid year, but when you adjust your speed control, your aim lines change, your stroke is necessarily different, and down the line your reads must change.

I think if she got the right person teaching her putting, and she takes her time(mindset wise), she has the talent to become a good putter.

Crikey's thoughts

Enough already as Michelle Wie fails again
Nick Place writes:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Michelle v The Men" was fun for a while but the novelty has warn off and there are definite danger signs that golfing phenomenon Michelle Wie could suffer long-term harm to her career if she keeps running headlong into a PGA brick wall.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We’re talking about the 16-year-old Hawaiian golfer’s latest attempt to take on the men, this time at a PGA tour stop in Pennsylvania. Wie shot a second round 81 to be dead last, at 14-over 158. She didn’t so much miss the cut as fail to be in the same postcode as the cut.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those watching were a long way from impressed, with one observer telling the press: "She's shorter (off the tee) than probably everyone out here except perhaps Corey Pavin, and she can't putt."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wie has vowed to continue but surely this is when a teenager needs good advice from those allegedly guiding her career? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We don’t happen to believe for one minute that the LPGA tour is a second tier competition, compared to the men’s version. It’s hard to think of the likes of Karrie Webb and Annika Sorenstam as anything but tough, professional golfers, so there would be no shame in Wie actually competing against these women and maybe winning a tournament or two before returning to her goal of competing in the men’s Masters.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is not even about gender. As golfer Scott Verplank said after her latest disastrous outing: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm sure there are some very fine 16-year-old boys who can play, but I think it would be awful hard for them to come out here and make much of a scratch.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I was her adviser, I'd tell her to go kick all the ladies' tails around for about four years and then if she wants to try again when she's 20 or 21, and grown up more and maybe a better player, come on back. She's certainly not scaring anybody around here.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Exactly. Maybe she should even talk to Australia’s one-time wunderkind golfer, Aaron Baddeley. He didn’t attempt to climb the PGA mountain until he had a couple of precocious Australian Open victories under his belt and even then has had to endure years of unglamorous hard yards to make a mark on the tour.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wie needs to take a deep breath, learn her trade and guard against burning out, pushing too hard, too fast. It would be a great shame if she was allowed by her alleged advisers to fall out of the sport.[/FONT]

hg

New
Michelle and the Gang of Many

This is all about grabbing the loot and running to the nearest bank. Michelle is just part of the gang...advertisers are in on it big time...the funny thing is that she may not win on any pro level for some time soon. Regardless of her talent ...she should stay in school and learn how to win before all of the glitter falls off. How much better has she improved since the disaster at Bighorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.