Michelle Wie and Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

Banned
What I really liked is that it looked like she was playing golf, not golf swing, which she couldn't do with that left ankle. She just had to find a way to get it done and she did. Great job.

I think she wins a bunch next year. Monkey off the back, 4 minute mile etc type of thing for her.

I agree.

I watch a decent amount of LPGA golf. She has left her robotic swing theory of early 2009 ("KEEP YOUR ARMS IN FRONT OF YOU!!!") behind for now. The thing is, she can hit it 50 yards longer than much of the competition and now her short game looks a little mechanical and uneven but it is way, way better than a year ago. She has improved. She even made a few short putts when it mattered.

In many ways I find her the least likeable of the LPGA players (Suzann Petersen may be less likeable, but I can't think of another challenger for this crown). She seems seems like the overly stage-managed dorky kid with all the programmed answers from the PR experts; I almost feel sorry for her (with her multi-million Nike deal, I feel sorry for her???). But so what? Maybe she can reach towards a part of the promise she showed many years ago as a young teenager. She actually has real talent.

If you are going to predict the number of wins for 2010, then the over-under has to be something like 3-4 events.

Last edited:
Obviously her likeability is completely subjective, but I've always found her to be a pleasant young woman who at times seems overwhelmed by her talent and fame. I think it's unfortunate that her childhood was so strictly regulated by her nutjob parents. I don't see how people can be even remotely sincere in their criticisms of a girl who probably never had even the slightest degree of control over her own life.

The expectation that athletes should "speak from the heart" when they address the media is, in my opinion, the most irrational, ill-conceived notion that I hear on a regular basis. Nothing to gain, much to lose. Any athlete, much less a 20 year-old girl, is in no way obligated to divulge any kind of personal information, or to reveal her emotional status. It's completely ridiculous. But, if you want to know more about Michelle Wie, she's got a nice little slice-of-life blog you can check out here. Tell me that's not endearing.

I'm glad to see her be successful. I was one of those who was irritated at her playing against the men. Nothing against her personally, I just thought it was rediculous to put a 16 year old girl, who hadn't even proven anything on the LPGA tour on the course with men who play the game for a living.

It wasn't her fault, I think her parents made a big mistake that probably cost her a few years or progress. She seems like a good egg, and I think the Solheim Cup was really good for her.

God knows the LPGA needs her to be successful, they are really hurting, I think they lost something like 9 events this year.

I'm glad to see her be successful. I was one of those who was irritated at her playing against the men. Nothing against her personally, I just thought it was rediculous to put a 16 year old girl, who hadn't even proven anything on the LPGA tour on the course with men who play the game for a living.

It wasn't her fault, I think her parents made a big mistake that probably cost her a few years or progress. She seems like a good egg, and I think the Solheim Cup was really good for her.

God knows the LPGA needs her to be successful, they are really hurting, I think they lost something like 9 events this year.

No doubt the Solheim Cup was good for her.

You guys are right, I shouldn't be so hard on her. It's not so much her as others who are to blame.

And the LPGA definitely needs her badly.

I'm not a Michelle Wie fan, but it is good to finally see her win. Maybe she will live up to the hype? I still think she's a donkey:) A part of me wants to see her fail because of all the unwarranted hype surrounding her.

Why did she choose to finally play well at Ochoa's event, and on our birthday (yes I was born on the same day as Lo-Cho:) )

I'm not a Michelle Wie fan, but it is good to finally see her win. Maybe she will live up to the hype? I still think she's a donkey:) A part of me wants to see her fail because of all the unwarranted hype surrounding her.

Why did she choose to finally play well at Ochoa's event, and on our birthday (yes I was born on the same day as Lo-Cho:) )

She did it just to torture you.

Self-Mastery, how many events does Lochoa win next year?

Nothing to gain, much to lose. Any athlete, much less a 20 year-old girl, is in no way obligated to divulge any kind of personal information, or to reveal her emotional status.

Surely there's some kind of oppourtunity for "gain" (however defined), at times. Though I guess it's reflective of your own style and desires...and how you define "gain."

Regardless I agree with your post. Makes sense to me.

I like to see personality too but my want for entertainment (basically all it is I think) should not really be anyone elses burden.

I'd like to think I could give a fair bit "extra" if I was up there...or at least like to think I'd strive to...cause I like to...but I'M not up there and I'm not in her SHOES either.

So I mind my expectations.

Last edited:

Too many funny things in there.

Hahahaha...

A part of me wants to see her fail because of all the unwarranted hype surrounding her...

Don't ya think she already failed miserably to the hype situation? Overexposed by the corporate sponsors, maybe mom and dad issues, and possibly adjusting to a different swing resulting from maturity...we simply got too much of her without results. But at the end of the day, she smiled her pretty self all the way to the bank.

Now that the monkey is off her back, it's time to show us if she has the goods to compete and win on a consistent basis.

What happened to Lorena? Does she miss Annika that much?

All I'm saying is...I don't see her name or picture anywhere...

??

Maybe I am missing something. I could be Blog-illiterate.

OH I see...I did a google search...which was very easy...

It does look like it is hers.

Neat(o).

She does seem very creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.