More than 4 Accumulators??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll boast I believe a young boy or girl can have perfect technique and therefore as good a swing as Hogan, who arguably
was the best in the history of golf. It's a simple logical construct, since perfect technique is not based on how far one hit the ball.

For the pessimists, let's break this down further. Can a boy or girl have perfect chipping swing? "Yes". Ok, how about a perfect pitching swing? "Yes".

Ok, then why not a perfect full swing? "Indeed!". Sorry, I believe in these simple constructs and what they mean to myself and the average golfer. Logically, it is doable by any of us. And by "perfect", I don't mean 100.000% perfection, I mean close to it. "That's a golf shot!!"

At any rate, I really don't know why you are suddenly humbling yourself given your heretofore bravado in putting me down.
Wait a second, isn't it obvious? You can't demonstrate. How real is all your knowledge if that is true?

Tell you what, I'll even go first. Let's say, right after the Holidays. First or second week of January. No later. Fair enough? Agree, and I'll put my swing up first. Just keep your word.

MJ, you have a selective memory. Just ask 6bee to "put up or shut up". No more debate is necessary. I think the impartial reader does want to compare his golf swing and mine, too. Nothing complicated this, a backyard clip of 3 seconds is sufficient.

All this "expertise" in posts is complete b.s. if the person can't demonstrate. Matter of fact, if everyone here had their swing clip on file, there might be less of this "4-3-C! You MORON!" business. And fewer orders like "YOU HAVE TO LEARN OUR LANGUAGE!".

There would be a better perspective on who knows what the f@#K they are talking about. FACT.

David,
You remind me of a Democrat posting on a Republican website challenging everything a Republican believes in and wondering why they "bash" you or don't see it your way.

Although debate is good; you need to know when to stop even if you haven't made any "converts"

To keep it going just alienates you even more.

quote:Originally posted by David Alford

I'll boast I believe a young boy or girl can have perfect technique and therefore as good a swing as Hogan, who arguably
was the best in the history of golf. It's a simple logical construct, since perfect technique is not based on how far one hit the ball.

For the pessimists, let's break this down further. Can a boy or girl have perfect chipping swing? "Yes". Ok, how about a perfect pitching swing? "Yes".

Ok, then why not a perfect full swing? "Indeed!". Sorry, I believe in these simple constructs and what they mean to myself and the average golfer. Logically, it is doable by any of us. And by "perfect", I don't mean 100.000% perfection, I mean close to it. "That's a golf shot!!"

I haven't been following this entire thing...

But I would actually agree with that part.

MJ, the persons that were challenging me only had to fair requirement of submitting their swings as well. That's only fair. This reluctance to be fair continues didn't particularly surprise me.

And, it continues with 6bee's unwillingness to submit his swing in the current situation. In Texas, they have an expression for this: "ALL HAT AND NO CATTLE"!

One other little point, if you don't mind. I said, even though it wasn't fair, I would go ahead and submit my swing model for critical review to the one person I felt was objective. And that was Edz.

Did I follow through and submit a few seconds of my swing? Well, the answer which you have conveniently forgotten is Y-E-S.Not only was a single clip submitted, I made about a 15 minute video demonstrating a wide gamut of swing models from Hogan's to MORAD to hitting models.

Edz subsequently gave a brief commentary, primarily on the Hogan swings. So yes, your memory is....a bit selective.

rebaumgolf, I know this. And that's why in my personal life, I rarely argue with anyone.

The average person does not want to be proven wrong. They want to be congratulated and patted on the back. They want their belief system confirmed. The only one who can make minor changes is someone trusted and already within their peer group. Outsiders will typically be ridiculed, scorned, and even stoned.

There's a long history of this, in all parts of the world, in all people, in all times. It's the way most brains get programmed. Why? Because there is an evolutionary advantage to "sticking to what works", whether that is a food source, a habitat, a technique, a religion.

Probably more than you wanted to hear. ;-0

birdie man wrote re:

Originally posted by David Alford

<<I haven't been following this entire thing...

But I would actually agree with that part.>>

Anyone who thinks I'm motivated by personal ego concerns would be quite mistaken. I just wish I knew as a kid what I know now.

MJ, the persons that were challenging me only had to fair requirement of submitting their swings as well. That's only fair. This reluctance to be fair continues didn't particularly surprise me.

Did I follow through and submit a few seconds of my swing? Well, the answer which you have conveniently forgotten is Y-E-S.Not only was a single clip submitted, I made about a 15 minute video demonstrating a wide gamut of swing models from Hogan's to MORAD to hitting models.

did this video ever get posted ?

The average person does not want to be proven wrong. They want to be congratulated and patted on the back. They want their belief system confirmed.

David,

If this discussion has proven nothing else, it's at least confirmed that you're as average as the rest of us. :D

TGMfan, there are a lot of smart people here, so I'm in a select group no doubt. The difference is, if I'm wrong on an element of the golf swing, I WANT to know, so I can improve. Most of the TGMers here don't like their stuff questioned, much less proved wrong. Hence the resistance to #5 and #6 which should be obvious to anyone who has hit very many balls.

cjolf, no, it wasn't posted. But I did send the video to Edz for his independent review. I forgot until now, but as a matter of fact, I did send Brian an entire 10 pic sequence to post. He had problems loading it or something, but it was sent.

I'm working on MORAD right now and just shot a clip. Maybe I can send that one, so you guys have something. Like everyone, I'm getting pretty busy with the Holidays and also travel, so that would have to be it.

However, I did shoot the #5 and #6 video, and you'll see 1) they both are real 2) they can be well implemented and 3) the flying wedges don't go all to hell as many predict.

I'm not here to get in this pissin match....But I'm not scared either...

You made a challenge to us readers....So here we go......

NOT my best work...but I've put on some lbs....And I'm a little rusty...

So be kind!!!

The NAT

rwh

New
NATGM,

Lots to like in your action. Impressive stationary head and impact alignments. Pretty much convinced me not to be posting my swing any time soon!

I wish I had those matts and studio. A small amount of reverse pivot at the top, but all your other positiions are spot on. This looks very similar to the swing model I'll submit, then which also is very centered. Great swing.

Non,

It couldn't be much better in frame 5 - great use of #2. Stills don't do justice to the great hip action. Frame 3 is not a reverse pivot - he moves to the left side as he completes his STT - no exaggerated slide/tilt will be required to get to the ball. Slight bend in left arm in frame 4 is proof of an inert left arm that is being pulled into action by the rotating shoulders. Look at the nicely arched left wrist and forward slanting shaft in frame 5, which absolutely guarantees max separation velocity, provided he keeps rotating through the shot, as he clearly does in the last 2 frames.

Reverse Pivot....

or Flat Left Foot + Standard Leg Action + Shiftless Hip Turn(Backstroke Only) + Delayed Hip Action + Rotated Shoulder Turn + Single Shift = "Reverse Pivot".....Ahhhh...No!!! Not No ...but He77 no....Golf Academy Live,Golf Magazine, and all the other smut has clouded our vision....

I'm not behind the ball.....because I already set-up behind it....

Back to Topic....

More than 4 Accumulators.......To maintain proper relationships...NO!!!

More than 4 Acccumulators...he77 lets make up an "infinite # that will destroy relationships....

Such as this thread is doing...destroying relationships!!!

It's unfortunate!!!!

NAT,

You stole my line, you don't have to GET behind the ball because you already START behind the ball. Great minds think alike. Nice move, btw.

Redgoat

Status
Not open for further replies.