More than 4 Accumulators??

Status
Not open for further replies.
6bee, to your comments:

<Yes it is POWER acc#3- straightening means unc0oking. What do you know? ZIP. And the right wrist never UNC0CKS because it doesn't C0CK- it is bent and remains bent at impact.>

The right wrist can cock and it can uncock.Perhaps we have different definitions of "cocking". I'm using pretty much the common one of increasing the wrist angle. The rt. wrist angle usually is a lot larger at the top of the swing than address, hence it cocks.

It does not have to remain bent at impact. I'm not disputing it's better to have it bent, but it doesn't "have to" . As millions demonstrate daily. They knock the ball out there & largely that's one of the power accumulators they use.

<quote: I don't think HK would be pleased if he read your posts. You might try being a little more polite. You won't be here forever.

Don't give me this what Homer would think. That is an act of a 'spoiled, never gets my way' child.>

To the contray, it's someone telling you a fact, that our lives are brief on this planet. And by all accounts Homer was a courteous individual so no doubt he would hope the same from his supporters.

Brian, I really don't know entirely what HK's "theories" are. From what I've seen most of what he did was catalog swing possibilities. Not sure what is theoretical about it. I honestly don't give a thought to being superior to anyone. I think my "confidence" is taken that way, but they are two different things, entirely.

I think a huge problem here is that TGMers are using a different language than I am (plain English). Many of these terms, such as cocking, straightening, and bent could have different meanings.

I also believe some here are not carefully reading what I have written. I'm defending #5 and #6 as real accumulators not because they are ideal (they aren't), but because they do exist and do provide power, as I've said, for millions daily. With good timing, #5 and #6 can produce good golf shots. The best possible ? No.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were writiing on the subject of power accumulators, I would want to mention all of them & then perhaps rank them as to their utility. #6 (rt. wrist roll) comes in handy if you want to hook the ball, for example.

So when 6bee says, the rt. wrist can't roll, only the left does...it doesn't make any sense. Can you explain this one point? I'd really like to know why he thinks the rt. wrist can't roll...

Brain, what would happen if you said this (6bees words) to one of your students:

<Yes it is POWER acc#3- straightening means unc0oking. What do you know? ZIP.>?

Does that communicate anything other than a feeling of SUPERIORITY? How is that a reasonable response?
I'd just try explaining fully, politely. Especially if the student and I spoke different languages.

quote:Originally posted by David Alford

Brain, what would happen if you said this (6bees words) to one of your students:

<Yes it is POWER acc#3- straightening means unc0oking. What do you know? ZIP.>?

Does that communicate anything other than a feeling of SUPERIORITY? How is that a reasonable response?
I'd just try explaining fully, politely. Especially if the student and I spoke different languages.

David, you are a cry baby. I think your mother would not like you to carry on like this in public forum- I’m sure of that. I do feel sorry for you, David.

As I told you, stumbling upon some old print outs of posts that you were in from another old long gone TGM forum-there was a lot of valuable information surrounding yours (and in our strange tgm language) so I printed it out - your stock reply was to everything you didn’t like or understand - “You are wrong- Homer was wrong, wrong, can’t be, that’s not right.” Same here.

Write the book, post your vid- you always say you will, years later still nothing. I hope you do write the book and post a vid that knocks our foundation to its knees that reflects your brilliance Until then David, I will wait for one or the other to happen. I will buy two copies of the book and save the vid on my hard drive.

And please don’t cry anymore.

geoffb

New

I think a huge problem here is that TGMers are using a different language than I am (plain English). Many of these terms, such as cocking, straightening, and bent could have different meanings.
I gave you OUR language on page 5 of this thread but apparently you have chosen to ignore it. You need to use OUR language. Surely you don't expect hundreds of forum members to switch over to your language. Here it is again:
4A (Horizontal) Flat/Bent/Arched
4B (Perpendicular) Level/Cocked/Uncocked
4C (Rotational) Vertical/Turned/Rolled

I also believe some here are not carefully reading what I have written.
Maybe you should take some of your own advice. 6bee has told you time and time again about the flying wedges and that to keep their assembly intact, the right wrist should only bend, NOT COCK.

geoffb, what you provided is a bunch of words that are not defined in what you have provided. That's why it wasn't helpful. I don't think you have to be a genius to understand Japanese. But if some one says: 4C (Rotational) Vertical/Turned /Rolled in Japanese w/o definitions, they might be talking about flying an airplane...not golf you IDIOT!....... (relax, I'm joking).

Well, the answer is, I really have to read the entire book, right? And better yet, get certified, true? And best of all, get all the certifications so I'm a doctorate in TGMology? All so we can communicate about the wrists? Seems like a better solution for a forum discussion is to be a little patient and use "plain English".

6bee, you're the one who obviously feels superior with comments like: "What do you know? ZIP".

As much as you admire TGM, your rudeness is an indication of the probablility Homer REALLY would NOT have liked you. I say that because courtous people generally don't like rude people. And no one is crying, I find your attacks mildly amusing given your admiration for the man, who by all accounts was courteous and kind.

Re: the right wrist...care to explain your view why the right wrist can't cock and can't roll in simple English? Am I asking for too much?

Brian, my mispelling of your name was unintentional. I type fast, spending too much time on these posts as it is. I really wish we could all meet, I think a lot of these issues would be quickly sorted out.

geoffb

New
"flying an airplane..." Yeah, I often get confused between the two.

Maybe you should have made an attempt to understand and find out their meanings or is it us that should be inconvenienced for you alone? David, you have the book, is it too much to ask that you go and look at the pictures for wrist conditions (4A/B/C)?

I'm trying to help out here David (I really am). You and 6bee obviously go back a long way, but I don't really care about that. If you are really here to learn and debate the golf swing and say that TGM is wrong without having ever made the effort to understand it, then the least you could do is pick up the book (or search the TGM forums) when you don't understand what we are talking about and do some homework. It's all here David, almost all of your questions that come from a lack of understanding of TGM have been answered and explained either on Brian's site or Lynn's site or Chuck's site. People here are willing to help you understand it too, but they just want to see some effort on your part. Fair?

Maybe then you could do far more explaining and a lot less defending!

Peace,

Geoff

Geoff, I don't know why everybody thinks I constantly say TGM is wrong. I don't. The only constant here are the personal attacks and put downs.

I don't know whether you really see the religious level bias here...more than several "hidden" forum individuals have emailed me and the common denominator is that they don't want to go thru the b.s. they see being piled at me & therefore don't post. Or if they post, they ask a question rather than putting forth their own opinion. That stinks, don't you agree?

FYI, at present, the book is at another geographic location. I'm open minded to TGM related products...they don't hurl insults.

In the meantime, can YOU answer me this: WHY IN THE HECK CAN'T THE RIGHT WRIST ROLL? (6bee's claim).

geoffb

New
I don't really have time for this either, I’ve got to get busy with work and Christmas shopping so this will be my last post also...

I'll attempt to explain why you only bend the right wrist.

The right wrist can cock but this would take the club off the plane of the right forearm which means you have destroyed the right arm flying wedge. If you look at all the great ball strikers at impact you will see that from a down the line view, their club shaft and forearm are in-line. This alignment provides optimal support for impact. Yes, you could uncock your right wrist before impact, but it is the job of the bending and straightening right elbow to cock and uncock the left wrist so why make a swing harder then it already is? Homer did not make these ‘omissions’ through ignorance, he left them out on purpose, so golfers could make an uncompensated, simple and repeatable swing.

I hope this helps some David.

Geoff

p.s. Like I said before, all of this has already been explained on the various TGM forums. If you searched for 'flying wedge' alone you would do yourself the world of good.

Geoff, have you or 6bee read ANY of my posts carefully? I made the point numerous times that #5 and #6 were real but not ideal.
Although #6 would be ideal for hitting a hook when a golfer needs it. Got it?

I'm familiar with "flying wedges", as you may soon see. See my proposal for this forum's naysayer's under the topic of Hogan, O'Grady, Moe Norman, etc.

And let's see who really knows the golf swing and all the power accumulators. Then tell me I NEED to study TGM..."because I know zip".
6Bee, this one's for you, pal. Enough is enough.

geoffb

New
You ask me to explain why the right wrist shouldn't cock so I explained it to you nicely and politely told you that there is a fountain of knowledge in these forums that you can search for and what do I get in response?

This defending and bravado is getting old fast. I'm out of here!

No, I didn't consider your demands polite, esp. your insistence I have to learn "OUR" language business.

Most people prefer plain English, but perhaps you should insist Brian change the forum around
so everyone is required to speak in tones such as "4-3-C, YOU MORON!"

You can try...

anakin, thanx. And thanks to everyone who has emailed me their private support.

I'm willing to post my swing video if 6bee does the same. All he has to do is make a swing in his yard. I think everyone would like to see the reality behind all these exchanges.

We all admire confidence in players, right 6bee?Haven't you said so yourself? We all hate some wimpy pro who lacks spine! Correct! Then, let's see who really does understand power accumulators. I'm 57, and am willing to not only have my swing compared to yours, but anyone on the Senior Tour, heck anyone on the PGA tour, heck anyone in the history of golf.

So , here before you is a confident NON TGM-er who is accepting the gauntlet YOU threw: put up or shut up. At the very least, it will be fun. You have all the advantages, because according to you ALL swing knowledge is in TGM and that is outside my orbit.

The moment is timely! You've heard about me all these years. You've read about me. NOW MEET YOUR MASTER!

David, since saying good bye to you and your whining, I seem to be the main character in all your posts. Please leave me out of it. I don’t want to call the internet stalking police again.

I am a humble student. I take AI lessons, I read and study the book, I incubate information, I ask questions and only answer the ones I’m sure of. I accept the right information when corrected. I work hard on my swing. I and others have tried to explain rather simple things to you- always with a reply of being wrong- thats is endearing. It is...
You, that brags of greatest, of being superior, you are boastful. You have never read the book which is no big deal until you try to tell me what is wrong with it and it is that book you compare yourself with. You claim psychic powers, tapping into Hogan swing and Homer's thoughts. You claim vast knowledge- threaten us with a superior book and with video clips for proof. You are the greatest David. If NAT thinks you are so cool, talk to him. I have had my fill of you after many years. You are an old record. I wish you were a cd- they don’t repeat, just shut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.