More than 4 Accumulators??

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:Originally posted by DD639

No one has explained Alford's #6. We agree that the primary lever assembly is the left arm and club. They pivot around the left shoulder. We agree the secondary lever is the club itself. It pivots around the left wrist. If you grip the club conventional or crosshanded it still pivots around the left wrist (accumulator #3). The right hand also pivots AROUND the left wrist so there is no right wrist roll.

Throwout is the rotation of the ANGLE(#3 Accum) around a line from the left shoulder to the sweetspot, not the rotation of the secondary lever around the axis of the left arm.

quote:Originally posted by David Alford

If the left wrist rolls, so does the right. Or...if the right rolls, so does the left. If HK was right about the left, I'm right about the right...I don't see them as being identical, however. The left is the left, and the right is the right.

hahahahahaha too funny David. This is a comedy bit, right?

Study 4-0. Can the left (hahah) roll with out the (hahaha) right? ROTF. You are killing me, dude. Funny stuff, David. Brillant.

If the left hand can roll or move independently from the right hand- you don't undrstand the Flying Wedge assemble. Or do we have to wait for you to discover it before you allow Homer to be right?

Read 2-G

"There is, however, the "Release Roll" (Swivel) which is a true rotation of the Hands into Impact alignment by Accumulator #3 (with 10-18-A only)."

The axis of this "true rotation of the Hands" is neither the left arm nor the right arm, but rather the axis around which the angle(accum #3) is rotating.

If what I said is invalid to YOU, tell me why simply and in plain English. You know, a STUDENT would crack his club over some of your heads.
I can demonstrate...can you? Do you hit every ball out of a 100 straight and flush? I think I know what I'm doing...the golf ball agrees.

Quit telling me to read a verse...religiolus fanatics do that.

If what I said is invalid to YOU, tell me why simply and in plain English. You know, a STUDENT would crack his club over some of your heads.
I can demonstrate...can you? Do you hit every ball out of a 100 straight and flush? I think I know what I'm doing...the golf ball agrees.

Quit telling me to read a verse...religiolus fanatics do that.

100 out of 100 straight and 'flush' MJ- that's proof for me.

One other thing, do you realize some of you sound like a bunch of high school kids taunting another kid because he's not in "their group". This is exactly the problem with bullying all the way up to terrorism. Diss'ing someone because they don't agree with your belief system. There are entire computer forums where Windows people go to post over and over how lousy Apple is and vice versa. All because of a belief system. These people can't let it go. They are incited.

6bee, I addressed this issue with you in depth. I asked you to refrain from ad hominem attacks. You simply can't, apparently.

If you don't agree with #5 and #6, you should have been irate with Brian's video. How you can accept straightening the left and rolling the left as power accumulators and not with the right, is beyond me. The only "out" is to say they are the same thing. But they aren't.

And employing #5 or #6 does NOT NECESSARILY means the ball will be poorly struck. It depends upon timing. Obviously, you hold off until right before impact.

Someone arguing the opposite would, no doubt, demo casting the club early in the downswing. What they are really demonstrating is the "Fallacy of Extremes".

6bee wrote: <If the left hand can roll or move independently from the right hand- you don't undrstand the Flying Wedge assemble. Or do we have to wait for you to discover it before you allow Homer to be right?>

huh? I didn't say the left rolls or moves independently from the right. Reread what I wrote. Now, my implication here was "usually".
Certainly, the hands can move independently to a degree. Not a huge amount without getting radical, but a small amount is possible.

But...I have no idea why you disagreed. Perhaps I would have, but instead of explaining what you meant, you used your post to hurl insults.

You never did a rec.sport.golf google search for the report of several critics who visited, apparently.

Why should I, David? You crack me up. What makes you think you are that important? You are funny, though.

When ever you fail to understand TGM, who cry out that Homer was wrong. It must be tough living with yourself- so perfect and all. Your subconscience can't competete with yourself. Apparently.

Um well because it contradicts your contentions. I have a suggestion. Address the original post. Accumulator #5 and #6, remember?
You keep dragging TGM and HK into this...just explain YOUR position why you think I'm in error here.

Um well because it contradicts your contentions.

My contentions? I don't give two sheets about your ego. Give it a rest.

Let me just say, I know after I explain this, you will still insist Homer was wrong about his four accumulators.

But here goes:

Whether you swing or hit, all the accumulator are spent at impact. After impact accumulators are no more. The left hand becomes important and applies a Hinge Action and then it swivels the Flying Wedge assembly- both hands and the shaft to remain on the Plane Line. The left hand does this. Accumulator number three started this journey of ‘roll' with the left hand.
And what has the right hand been doing? The right hand is the clubhead- it drives down, out and through. It remained bent at impact driving down the plane line. Any swivel or roll is because of the left hand.

Why can’t the right hand flattening be a power accumulator? Because it is bent at impact. What power does flattening or straightening the right bent hand provide into the ball after impact? None. That is why it isn’t a power accumulator. Some, from the Mark Evershed school don’t ever straighten the bent right wrist even after impact- like a tennis shot- and have tremendous impact. Wonder why?

As I have said David, you won’t understand and when you don’t understand you claim the person is wrong. Not my problem anymore David. Go try to be the so-called intellect on someone else. They might stroke your ego- wrong or wronger.

6bee, here is my reply:

First, you demonstrate again you can't anwer my posts without ad hominem attacks.

Second, to the specifics. Neither the left, nor the right HAVE to be completely straight at impact. Neither do they have to be completely bent.

Third, you state: <Some, from the Mark Evershed school don’t ever straighten the bent right wrist even after impact- like a tennis shot- and have tremendous impact. Wonder why?">

You seem to think this is a novel idea for me. Perhaps I even prefer to do exactly this. Understand? While you and I might prefer to do something, that doesn't make other possibilities...IMPOSSIBLE or even quite workdable. Again, the Fallacy of Extremes.

You also fail to realize I never said the right straightens 100% before impact. I said it is STRAIGHTENING. THE ANGLE IS BEING REDUCED. HOWEVER, it can go to effectively complete straightening:

1) before impact
2) at impact
3) after impact.

The consequences depends laregly on timing.

Look at it like this: if a boxer throws a straight right, his arm goes from bent to straightening. You don't think it will hurt if that punch straightens after impact, at impact or before impact? To deny any of these is to deny the right as power accumulator. Your chin might not
agree. Should we meet, I'll be glad to demonstrate any of these, in case you insist only number 3 makes sense.

You further stated: <The right hand is the clubhead- it drives down, out and through. It remained bent at impact driving down the plane line.>

The right hand does not have to drive down, out and thru. It can be the left doing the driving, amongst many other possibilities. I'm sure you know this, but you statement is also imprecise for other reasons. Namely, even if we are talking about an activated right hand, it does not have to drive out. It can drive down the line or even in, depending upon the swing model and the desired type of ball flight.

Lastly, your statement: <Any swivel or roll is because of the left hand.>

That is simply false. The right hand can start the roll with the left following, as opposed to the other way around. Indeed, several possibilities exist:

1) the left wrist causes the roll
2) the right wrist causes the roll
3) both wrists roll approximately equally
4) both wrists contribute to the roll, but disproportionately
5) the wrists roll for other reasons
Other possibilities exist, but I'll stop with 5.

I have no idea what HK says about this, and I really don't care. The reality is, there are many ways to impact the ball and and to provide power. Because THAT is true, your argument against #5 and #6 fails.

Next...

Let me relate a little story here that may explain why I don't OBLIGATED to spend time with TGM.

One of my interests is playing the guitar. Some yrs. ago, a professor in Texas experimented with the novel idea of boiling shrimps "shells" to use as a primary ingredient in finishing guitars. I got interested and took steps to understand what he was doing.

Sometime later, I visited luthier in another state. I told him about the experiments. He didn't seem at all interested. This really aggravated me. WHY wasn't he interested? He said he already had perfected a finish. Still...it seemed anti intellectual.

I later found out, this guy had spent half his adult life working on finishes, literally investing tens of thousands of hrs. trying all sorts of combinations. He was a master luthier. I wasn't. I hadn't made a fraction of the journey he had. So now, I forgive him because I understand his confidence.

Maybe a novel idea like the "shrimp shell" might have had merit for his guitars. But this guy lived his expertise & probably the finishes he developed met each and every one of his objectives. I really didn't know what he had done and what he had put into his research. So, I had no business being pized off by his apparent lack of interest.

THAT SAID...I personally keep an open mind...do you?

There is no next. We all have other lives, some even more interesting than yours, but we don't post or brag about it.

Second, you are right- you don't have any idea how the TGM works. So explaining it to you is impossible. From your response, you can’t even read. The left wrist is flat, the right wrist is bent and the right arm is bent at impact and that right arm straightens through the ball. Depending on the Hinge motion and the swivel action, the right bent wrist can flatten after the ball is well gone and re-bend on the follow through to the top, or remain bent as Evershed likes. TGM has options.

David, I don’t care two sheets about you, your life or your problems in life. As I said to you, everything somebody disagrees with you- you say they are wrong.

This says it all: from you “I told him about the experiments. He didn't seem at all interested. This really aggravated me.”

Grow up. And no need to reply three or four times in a row- gather your thoughts and hit the send button once- but I'm not going to be bothered by you anymore, anywhere. Good luck posting that vid.

Saying "the left wrist is flat, the wright wrist is bent and the right arm is bent at impact and that the right arm strtaightens through the ball" is a good idea, but it didn't address my specific comments.

As Brian demoed in his video, a hacker can add power by straightening the left wrist before impact, and because it's adding power from an out of line to an inline condition, it's still a power accumulator. That's true with the right wrist as well for the reasons I gave.

I don't think HK would be pleased if he read your posts. You might try being a little more polite. You won't be here forever.

As Brian demoed in his video, a hacker can add power by straightening the left wrist before impact, and because it's adding power from an out of line to an inline condition, it's still a power accumulator. That's true with the right wrist as well for the reasons I gave.

Yes it is POWER acc#3- straightening means unc0oking. What do you know? ZIP. And the right wrist never UNC0CKS because it doesn't C0CK- it is bent and remains bent at impact.

quote:
I don't think HK would be pleased if he read your posts. You might try being a little more polite. You won't be here forever.
Don't give me this what Homer would think. That is an act of a 'spoiled, never gets my way' child. I have and others tird to explain TGM to you and you just want to have us recognized your dibble.

bye David,

Tongzilla, after I wrote that, I realized it probably would be taken wrong. I'm interested in what HK has to say, but I was replying to 6bees comment I just want to rebuke HK. I'm not interested in what HK has to say just so I can rebuke him. Make sense?

Or in putting anyone down. However, that seems to be the Numero Uno goal of 6 bee and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.