My Most Recent Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a thread...

When the cat's away, the mice try to steal your memebers/students/followers/etc....

This thread MADE ME go out and get a BROADBAND CARD for my laptop so threads like this won't get out of hand again.

This is an interesting thread and I will try my best to make sense of it.

1. Stewart wants help with his swing. A swing, I may add, that was exhibiting ALL of the problems that a swing like his should. Jimmy is on it and I will post a DETAILED analysis this morning.

2. The "Steep shoulder turn-Flat arm swing-Hover over the ball-with a strong left hand grip and a push position elbow swing" is like a plague. Worst than the Kool-Aid swing. The followers are blinded by hype.

Analysis to follow...:cool:
Don't look at me.. I just answered the call. :D

What a thread...

When the cat's away, the mice try to steal your memebers/students/followers/etc....

This thread MADE ME go out and get a BROADBAND CARD for my laptop so threads like this won't get out of hand again.

This is an interesting thread and I will try my best to make sense of it.

1. Stewart wants help with his swing. A swing, I may add, that was exhibiting ALL of the problems that a swing like his should. Jimmy is on it and I will post a DETAILED analysis this morning.

2. The "Steep shoulder turn-Flat arm swing-Hover over the ball-with a strong left hand grip and a push position elbow swing" is like a plague. Worst than the Kool-Aid swing. The followers are blinded by hype.

Analysis to follow...:cool:

Brian,

I really look forward to your analysis. Jim has been a wonderful help, and you are fortunate to have someone like him helping you out (and by the sounds of it, he is fortunate to have you as a teacher/mentor as well!)

I still get nervous when people say things about the "strong left hand grip". I dont believe it is strong, and Jim has also said that it is not strong, when he viewed a video close-up of my grip which I sent him later. Jim has given me a lot of help, and I will try and get some video today (raining, but I should still be able to do it), to show any differences that have come about.

I will anxiously await your thoughts though!

Thanks!
Stew

Brian Manzella

Administrator
well...

I'd start here:

This is your NEW top of the backswing look from the front view.

newstew.jpg

benk

New
fasdf

I think the 1st one LOOKS better also. I did notice he said his misses are chunks, so I guess this could be a way to shallow out his swing a bit. But, I thought his backswing was pretty good either way. I personally believe it will probably fix his swing, but it will require a bit more timing than before.

I'd start here:

This is your NEW top of the backswing look from the front view.

newstew.jpg

That is much more where I am trying to get. I would like to see my left knee work slightly inward on the backswing, as opposed to just towards the ball. If this is happening, then I feel like I can get behind the ball better, and not stay on top of it so much.

Keep it coming Brian, would love to see what else you think!

Stew

I think the 1st one LOOKS better also. I did notice he said his misses are chunks, so I guess this could be a way to shallow out his swing a bit. But, I thought his backswing was pretty good either way. I personally believe it will probably fix his swing, but it will require a bit more timing than before.

Why would it require more timing when now his swing center is staying in the same place where before it was moving?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I really don't know what to say...

newstew.jpg

Hogan 1953 and Benk,

Are you kidding?

Even a couple of girls in a 5th grade art class can tell which one is better.

Jeff,

Are you kidding?

Even a couple of girls in a 5th grade art class WITH BIG THICK GLASSES can tell the difference.

brian, can I guess? in the first one he would pee in the middle of his feet and in the second one he would pee closer to his right foot? Is that close?)

JeffM

Brian - thanks for responding.

Beautifully rendered images.

You are apparently referring to a greater amount of shift to the right, with an upper left back that definitely slopes to the right, and with enough upper body weight shift to the right (vertically located over a point just inside the right foot) that there is zero chance of being in a reverse pivot position.

Jeff.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brian - thanks for responding.

Beautifully rendered images.

You are apparently referring to a greater amount of shift to the right, with an upper left back that definitely slopes to the right, and with enough upper body weight shift to the right (vertically located over a point just inside the right foot) that there is zero chance of being in a reverse pivot position.

Actually, I am referring to LESS SHIFT TO THE LEFT.

To me, the Snead on the RIGHT and the Stewart on the RIGHT are just PIVOTING without leaning left. :cool: :D

Never realized what a huge unrestricted hip and shoulder turn Snead had.
The guy lasted for 50 years - why don't they teach it like this any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.