Rank the TOP 3 MOST IMPORTANT ELEMENTS of the Golf Swing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
"All you have is your hand path, the force along that path, and torque about that path."

I accidently discovered one and two as a wee child but number three doesn't do the trick for me but I'm sure it will hit the sweetspot for some people.

Very ambiguous if you ask me. If you can have different hand paths to the ball, how is that the number one fundamental or essential to the golf swing? However, finding the correct one for you would be essential (may or may not be number one though). It's like saying the grip is essential. Well yes it is, but there are many type grips that will work. IMO that's why the infamous line of "there are not one set of fundamentals that fit everyone" is appropriate.

What the number one essential for one golfer most likely is not the number one essential for another golfer. What's essential in a good golf swing is being able to hit the sweet spot with the correct D Plane for the intended shot (straight, fade or draw) and being able to repeat it.

Now, what elements, fundamentals or essentials causes to you do be able to do those things, are at the top of the (your individual) list.

Last edited:

Erik_K

New
Very ambiguous if you ask me. If you can have different hand paths to the ball, how is that the number one fundamental or essential to the golf swing? However, finding the correct one for you would be essential (may or may not be number one though). It's like saying the grip is essential. Well yes it is, but there are many type grips that will work. IMO that's why the infamous line of "there are not one set of fundamentals that fit everyone" is appropriate.

What the number one essential for one golfer most likely is not the number one essential for another golfer. What's essential in a good golf swing is being able to hit the sweet spot with the correct D Plane for the intended shot (straight, fade or draw) and being able to repeat it.

Now, what elements, fundmentals or essentials causes to you do be able to do those things, are at the top of the (your individual) list.

Quite right. Naturally the instructor must find a way to get the student to understand and incorporate the elements correctly. What works for one student may not work for another. That is the issue with any "method" teacher.

Now, what elements, fundamentals or essentials causes to you do be able to do those things, are at the top of the (your individual) list.

No, Keefer, no one said hand path. Read it again.

Apart from Kevin's quote of Lindsey's comment from the last century which if understood in context means that Kevin was pointing out Lindsey's wisdom way back in the day when all of the scientific stuff which has come out in the last few years was unknown.

Brian Manzella

Administrator

You don't get it.

I will try to help after dinner and hilarity.

Peace, BManz from Wrigleyville.

jimmyt

New
You don't get it.

I will try to help after dinner and hilarity.

Peace, BManz from Wrigleyville.

If you remember Brian i'm From Chicago and now live in Las Vegas. You make me homesick....
You can also see from my avatar I'm a Cub fan, so when you mention Wrigleyville you brought tears
To my eyes.........

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
If you remember Brian i'm From Chicago and now live in Las Vegas. You make me homesick....
You can also see from my avatar I'm a Cub fan, so when you mention Wrigleyville you brought tears
To my eyes.........

I'll be in Vegas in a couple weeks, let me know if you wanna take in a game of craps

Status
Not open for further replies.