Sergio Garcia & The Tumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you keep the left shoulder low and closed in the first move down

Kevin
That seems to be the hard part. You want to drop the hands down in the slot to come in from the inside but when you do the "drop" with the hands on the right side how to keep the opposite left shoulder low as you spoke of

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
But...if you uncock the left wrist to the max and get the handle working straight or away from you vs. into you....the right shoulder can work down more.

joep

New
kevin, you said.. Alot of people use the right shoulder to shift the handpath down. Not good for an underplaner. Then you said make sure you keep the left shoulder low and closed in the first move down. Are you saying to use your left shoulder to lead the downswing????

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Not quite sure how you're interpreting it that way. What do you mean by lead? The left shoulder moves first? In that case, no.

Make sure you keep the left shoulder low and closed in the first move down

Ok, I have tried many things over tha last 2 weeks to make this happen and I think I finally have found something I can repeat. If I 'pause a bit at the top' I notice that at counterfall my hips are square to the ball and my shoulders are still closed/turned ~60 degrees. Is this what we are after?

Further, is this desired position the same as 'keeping the left side bend'?

What is the tumble? Is it the left shoulder moving lower in the downswing?

No.

I hope I can explain it. It is moving the clubhead away from your body(on a vector straight from your belly button) during the downswing using your hands. Watch the clubhead on Sergio's down swing. As he drops his hands straight down real close to his body, the clubhead wants to stay behind his body. The tumble is what makes the clubhead moving in front of his body.

No.

I hope I can explain it. It is moving the clubhead away from your body(on a vector straight from your belly button) during the downswing using your hands. Watch the clubhead on Sergio's down swing. As he drops his hands straight down real close to his body, the clubhead wants to stay behind his body. The tumble is what makes the clubhead moving in front of his body.

Some people tumble with the right shoulder as well.

Brian just worked me into a late shoulder tumble. I can hit the ball as hard as I want with my right shoulder, as long as I lay the club off to start the downswing preceeded by keeping my hands close to my right leg on the backswing. Woah that explanation was backwards.

Jeremy

Brian just worked me into a late shoulder tumble. I can hit the ball as hard as I want with my right shoulder, as long as I lay the club off to start the downswing preceeded by keeping my hands close to my right leg on the backswing. Woah that explanation was backwards.

Jeremy

Ahh. So, from the top of the backswing, let the club get laid off some, then do you turn hard to the target with your right shoulder? or go more right shoulder to the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.