Year end musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
those with very fast clubhead speeds will have a longer impact interval and hence greater chance that the impact interval time will be greater than the propagation time, which means the mass will make a difference.

those with very fast clubhead speeds will have a longer impact interval and hence greater chance that the impact interval time will be greater than the propagation time, which means the mass will make a difference.
tongzillla,

I will be back with a much more elaborate response but in the mean time can you please satisfy my very foolish and insane curiosity. ;) ;)

Are you perhaps starting a new trend trying hit the ball whilst running towards it holding the club firmly as a spear in front of you? :D :D

Brian's efforts seemingly did not have any effect on you since this new style of golf eliminates any possibility of snapping the kinetic chain. :eek: :eek:

tongzillla,

I will be back with a much more elaborate response but in the mean time can you please satisfy my very foolish and insane curiosity. ;) ;)

Are you perhaps starting a new trend trying hit the ball whilst running towards it holding the club firmly as a spear in front of you? :D :D

Brian's efforts seemingly did not have any effect on you since this new style of golf eliminates any possibility of snapping the kinetic chain. :eek: :eek:
it just irritates me a little that everyone is saying how amazing mandrin is...it is natural for me to post something a little against the grain...so the mandrin doesn't get too absorbed in praise for too long ;):D:eek::cool:

human nature

tongzilla -
it just irritates me a little that everyone is saying how amazing mandrin is...it is natural for me to post something a little against the grain...so the mandrin doesn't get too absorbed in praise for too long

mandrin -
It just irritates me a little that a few years ago the most popular activity on this forum was mandrin bashing and you probably enjoyed it...…presently a few compliments and you seem to be to irritated

tongzilla -
it just irritates me a little that everyone is saying how amazing mandrin is...it is natural for me to post something a little against the grain...so the mandrin doesn't get too absorbed in praise for too long

mandrin -
It just irritates me a little that a few years ago the most popular activity on this forum was mandrin bashing and you probably enjoyed it...…presently a few compliments and you seem to be to irritated

:)...what's the fun in picking on someone who everyone is picking on? :D seriously...let's get back on topic :) and of course...i'm not really irritated :p

tongzilla -

mandrin -

mandrin i prefer oranges keep up the weak glancing hit ..i will take the heavy hit

Brian Manzella

Administrator
mandrin i prefer oranges keep up the weak glancing hit ..i will take the heavy hit

I often think about how the book literalist crowd actually THINKS about REAL SCIENCE.

I know they have resigned themselves to the notion that Hinge Action nothing more than like a wake in coffee :rolleyes:, when a few years back they had folks running to Home Depot to put together a complex hinge action model, for supposedly an exact representation of how the clubface really could work in a golf stroke.

Strike 1

I know that they got embarrassed with their ignorance of the D-Plane, swinging Ping Pal 2 putters 45° to the right with a square face as "proof" of their ability to memorize audio, but running from a TrackMan machine that would have only proved me, Jorgenson, Mandrin and TrackMan correct and themselves exposed as the emperor with no clothes.

Strike 2

Now you are telling me, that after the "Heavy Hit" that turns out to be a BIG FAIRY TALE, some folks are still clinging to the notion that it exists?

Strike 3

You're out!

Because, science wins every time.

Why?

Well, because you can't shout science down.

You can't go recruit an army of followers to flood "Science's" website.

"i'd rather listen to Homer Kelley than some guy from New Orleans (me)."

Go ahead.

Me and Science will be having a drink in your memory.

RIP.

seriously...let's get back on topic

tongzilla,

I am quite aware that you have probably spent more time than you probably would like to admit to make yours the intricate web of ideas put together very patiently by Homer Kelley during a life span and hence you don't like to be dispossessed of it all. I do understand this to be rather painful. :rolleyes:

But I am afraid that I have to take away yet another of your certainties about golf by stating that your ideas about the dwell time (impact interval) constitute just another myth, completely contrary to the facts....

!!! - greater clubhead speed actually results in shorter dwell times - !!!

Your post seems to be rather confusing since the thread is dealing with a longitudinal thought experiment and you mix this thought experiment in one sweep with the actual hitting of a golf ball - a totally different matter, see Figs 1 and 2.

]t should be immediately evident form Fig1 that at least there seems to be the possibility for all of the heavy weight to partake 100% in the impact event. However from Fig2 it is also immediately clear that now the heavy mass can't partake at all. The only thing to consider now is the flexing of the shaft and the force it can possibly exert during impact. We have shown before that this force exerts a negligible effect. Using additionally the finite time delay argument for the transverse disturbance makes the argumentation even much more compelling. :cool:

!!! - greater clubhead speed actually results in shorter dwell times - !!!

Your post seems to be rather confusing since the thread is dealing with a longitudinal thought experiment and you mix this thought experiment in one sweep with the actual hitting of a golf ball - a totally different matter, see Figs 1 and 2.

]t should be immediately evident form Fig1 that at least there seems to be the possibility for all of the heavy weight to partake 100% in the impact event. However from Fig2 it is also immediately clear that now the heavy mass can't partake at all. The only thing to consider now is the flexing of the shaft and the force it can possibly exert during impact. We have shown before that this force exerts a negligible effect. Using additionally the finite time delay argument for the transverse disturbance makes the argumentation even much more compelling. :cool:

Thanks for your explanation. I see your second figure is supposed to be more realistic. But what about a third diagram with the "heavy golfer" as the centre of rotation? How would things be different?

Giant vs Dwarf :eek:

So, considering that clubhead speed is equal for both machines, a giant Iron Byron will not create more force than a standard Iron Byron? :confused: :D

Thanks for your explanation.

I see your second figure is supposed to be more realistic.

But what about a third diagram with the "heavy golfer" as the centre of rotation? How would things be different?
What do you think ? ;)

Perhaps just wanting to make sure to keep me busy spelling out the obvious ? :D

I often think about how the book literalist crowd actually THINKS about REAL SCIENCE.

I know they have resigned themselves to the notion that Hinge Action nothing more than like a wake in coffee :rolleyes:, when a few years back they had folks running to Home Depot to put together a complex hinge action model, for supposedly an exact representation of how the clubface really could work in a golf stroke.

Strike 1

I know that they got embarrassed with their ignorance of the D-Plane, swinging Ping Pal 2 putters 45° to the right with a square face as "proof" of their ability to memorize audio, but running from a TrackMan machine that would have only proved me, Jorgenson, Mandrin and TrackMan correct and themselves exposed as the emperor with no clothes.

Strike 2

Now you are telling me, that after the "Heavy Hit" that turns out to be a BIG FAIRY TALE, some folks are still clinging to the notion that it exists?

Strike 3

You're out!

Because, science wins every time.

Why?

Well, because you can't shout science down.

You can't go recruit an army of followers to flood "Science's" website.

"i'd rather listen to Homer Kelley than some guy from New Orleans (me)."

Go ahead.

Me and Science will be having a drink in your memory.

RIP.

Seems you are upset ..why? cant you compress the ball properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.