The Release w/Brian Manzella & Michael Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lia41985

Great post, Bertram. Great name, by the way. You've gotta be a fool to say that this is not a place of learning new information constantly. Keep up the great work, Brian & Co.!

The hands should NEVER be directed at the plane line. NEVER.

The concept is DEAD WRONG.

No it isn't - when you direct pp#3 at an aiming point(the ball) on the target line from the Top, it arcs off quickly as the hands go to release point even on a max trigger delay snap release. There's no such thing as a straight line delivery path. The LFW moves off-plane and the hands move up and in as Throw Out delivers the sweetspot to the ball. It's just as true today as when Ben Doyle taught you this yrs ago.

Dariusz J.

So pretty much what all of this means is just SWING THE CLUB and quit thinking so much right?

No. It means that we should know PROPER science, not just base on archaic pseudo instruction. That's why I am still here although still missing anatomy factor a lot.

Cheers

No. Even if there is virtually no rear arm help (which is impossible) we still must hold the club with both arms which makes it impossible (again) to create the axis going through the lead shoulder joint. The more the axis is close to the joint (what we should strive for but UNINTENTIONALLY, through proper pivot associated with proper CoG shift) the more parametric acceleration (and unintentional squaring of the clubface happens) - that's why body turn (pivot) is crucial and that's why concepts like hands controlled pivot are total biokinetic crap.
This is why I always repeat - physics without anatomy in case of analyzing any human motion is misleading. Not mentioning geometry without anatomy LOL.

Cheers

I'm talking about the independent swing of the arm itself, not the movement of the arm from torso rotation.

Dariusz J.

I'm talking about the independent swing of the arm itself, not the movement of the arm from torso rotation.

Only in case of a golfer without rear arm which makes all of this academic unnecessary dispute. There is no independent lead arm movement when the rear hand is on the grip. Simple as this.

Cheers

No it isn't - when you direct pp#3 at an aiming point(the ball) on the target line from the Top, it arcs off quickly as the hands go to release point even on a max trigger delay snap release. There's no such thing as a straight line delivery path. The LFW moves off-plane and the hands move up and in as Throw Out delivers the sweetspot to the ball. It's just as true today as when Ben Doyle taught you this yrs ago.

And you will hit the best skanks of your life.

This is pre-secret Hogan that should interest anyone as much as Woods, Mickelson or Bubba ROFL.

Any Hogan pivoted HARD to his anatomical limit. Woods, Mick, and Bubba not interesting? Not unless you want a 9 iron in to a 500 yd par 4. You're hilarious Dariusz!

I took my interpretation of this concept to the range last night.

I had been pulling my hands straight down towards the target line (and sometimes at an aiming point) for a long time so this was a very very different feeling in the transition. The first few times I cast the club horribly as my body fought the ingrained methods. I found myself trying to really manipulate the clubface. But then it clicked that I actually had to do LESS to square the club this way. This arc and upward handle/shoulder motion does most of the work for you. I can honestly say that I have never ever had a session which ended with me striking the ball so solidly.

Rows of long flat shallow divots instead of the usual deep gashes. The ball flight was higher. And I was doing a whole lot less to get there. It terms of generating power it even felt, dare I say, smoooooth.

When I watch Watson hit now, I really see alot of this release in his swing. He indicates in his latest book that he hits hard with the right hand through impact. I wonder if this helps him with timing?

Can't wait to get back out there.

Are we still in love with the idea of intentionally pulling the hands inward through impact? Just because you've found that the low point of the hand arc is farther back than once thought doesn't mean that any good ball-striker is intentionally pulling the hands up earlier. If that were the case, we'd see the arms bending before impact, instead of the continued straightening past impact that they virtually all exhibit. Study this.......regardless of the location of the low point of the hand arc, take note of where the hands are, relative the body, when both arms become fully straight. It's WAY past the low point of the hands.

Dariusz J.

Any Hogan pivoted HARD to his anatomical limit. Woods, Mick, and Bubba not interesting? Not unless you want a 9 iron in to a 500 yd par 4. You're hilarious Dariusz!

Pre-secret Hogan pivoted really hard without proper unintentional kinetics in awe to kill the ball - how it ended we all know. Luckily he took his 2-weeks' break and found idea(s) that made him the best ballstriker that ever lived. One of the symptoms was giving up dreaded excessive forward shaft lean at impact with all its implications on physics and anatomy.
I am not interested in finding common denominator of ballwhackers who struggle to find fairways but in true ballstrikers.

Cheers

Are we still in love with the idea of intentionally pulling the hands inward through impact? Just because you've found that the low point of the hand arc is farther back than once thought doesn't mean that any good ball-striker is intentionally pulling the hands up earlier. If that were the case, we'd see the arms bending before impact, instead of the continued straightening past impact that they virtually all exhibit. Study this.......regardless of the location of the low point of the hand arc, take note of where the hands are, relative the body, when both arms become fully straight. It's WAY past the low point of the hands.

What he said - look at this

Tiger Woods FACE ON 2001 - YouTube

He pulls his hands up and in the right way with a straight left arm and full shoulder rotation to his anatomical limit - CRAZY!

Isn't there an Australian guy who has been teaching this for years, and has been ridiculed by many for advocating a pushing action in the downswing?

I think that there are instructors here and there who have stumbled onto bits and pieces of this info; I've seen things around the internet in one form or another. It may not have been 100% correct or complete, but if something is scientifically correct, it's a good bet that some blind squirrel somewhere will find those nuts. Golf is so laden with tradition and informational inertia (making up phrases :) ), that anything that isn't "normal" is going to be pushed to the margins as unconventional. Having some scientific weight behind these findings could help change some of that resistance to new stuff, and help us chops play better...

bimyow

New
Hi! Fairly new here (lurker). Love the site and the info. Brian and crew do amazing things with pushing the knowledge of the golf swing forward.

The feeling I get when doing this is a VERY wide downswing that FEELS like your swinging UP into impact. All I can say is I didn't want to stop hitting balls. So effortless and pure. Cured a few swing faults too.

Pre-secret Hogan pivoted really hard without proper unintentional kinetics in awe to kill the ball - how it ended we all know. Luckily he took his 2-weeks' break and found idea(s) that made him the best ballstriker that ever lived. One of the symptoms was giving up dreaded excessive forward shaft lean at impact with all its implications on physics and anatomy.
I am not interested in finding common denominator of ballwhackers who struggle to find fairways but in true ballstrikers.

Cheers

Are you saying post-secret Hogan didn't pivot hard? Show me a video on youtube.

And would you translate "Hogan pivoted really hard without proper unintentional kinetics in awe to kill the ball" into English please?

Status
Not open for further replies.