Calvin Peete Analysis (now w/ a page 18 blog post by Brian Manzella)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he did arch his wrist. As I said, it's a question of definition.

BTW, what plane are you referring to when you say "in the same plane"?

Of course he "twisted the shaft". But he twisted it by arching his wrist. I'll say it again: it's a question of definition.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Of course he "twisted the shaft". But he twisted it by arching his wrist. I'll say it again: it's a question of definition.

No it isn't.

The definition has been set.

Hold the club straight out in front of you—face vertical, normal grip, shaft label correctly applied.

Bend your right wrist straight back (which flattens then arches the left wrist) , keeping the ace vertical, and shaft label UNTWISTED.

To the plane the face did NOTHING, to the target the face opened.

TeeAce

No it isn't.

The definition has been set.

Hold the club straight out in front of you—face vertical, normal grip, shaft label correctly applied.

Bend your right wrist straight back (which flattens then arches the left wrist) , keeping the ace vertical, and shaft label UNTWISTED.

To the plane the face did NOTHING, to the target the face opened.

But that's not reality in golf. In golf happens just what I showed and the club face will shut when arching.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
But that's not reality in golf. In golf happens just what I showed and the club face will shut when arching.

No.

You are talking about when there is COCKING PRESENT and ROLL PRESENT.

Which will cause TWISTING.

Tapio, you do realize me and my guys have talked about this subject for 30 years straight right?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/35092285?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

TeeAce

Sorry Charlie, apples and oranges.

I am just trying to explain something so basic, you missed it.

And btw, your opposing circles video is very good, and the basic thesis is very correct.

Thank you Brian.

Like I said it's not that simple ;) I kept the ch in its position and you moved it away from it. That's why we saw it different way.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Tapio,

I understand what you are talking about.

In the GTE sessions I conduct, we simply talk about the three rotation posits in the left arm/wrist—basically three flying wedges, and twisting.

Otherwise, it gets confusing.

But Kevin was right in what he was saying, which is what my video was about.

Lost is translation. In this case with Peete I think most people assume we're talking about his left wrist postion at the top of his swing and not his left wrist position at impact. Apples and oranges.

TeeAce

Lost is translation. In this case with Peete I think most people assume we're talking about his left wrist postion at the top of his swing and not his left wrist position at impact. Apples and oranges.

It doesn't change anything about the movement. Same effect at whatever moment you do it.

TeeAce

No.

My video is VERY BASIC and 100% correct.

You are talking about a twist ABOUT THE SHAFT movement.

Get it?

Shaft moves when wrist makes that move. Actually in your video you moved the face to the different place in the arc and because at that angle it's around you, of course it will point more right or left by that.

The real way to make the test is that you compare those two movements effect when the club head is in the same place. That way you will see what's the movements affect at the impact point and that way also see what it will do to the ball. There is no meaning to move it away from its place and say it's open or close by some wrist action.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
....There is no meaning to move it away from its place and say it's open or close by some wrist action.

There certainly is.

And here we sit....

I know I'm right, and objective person can see I am right, and I am NOT SAYING you are wrong in your "frame of reference."

But you HAVE To allow that I am correct in mine.

Or else, we have a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.