2005 Golfing Machine Teaching Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
"as opposed to the "clubhead passing the hands soon after separation" syndrome...also know as "i'm a hacker" syndrome....."

No - as opposed to the "you don't have to keep the shaft in line with the left arm excessively far past separation" condition exhibited by the top players of today.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here is the deal....

I have watched Haney teach live....no eureka momenets....he is SELLING a system and for some golfers....flawed or not...it works.

I have seen Leadbetter, Smith, Hardy, Flick, etc. LIVE....same as above.

Ben teaches HIS way BECAUSE HE FEELS THAT THIS IS HIS MISSION, A MAXIMUM PARTICIPATION PATTERN with the mind driven by the ESSENCE of it all...."mind in you hands, eys correctly on the ball."

He HATES quick fix teachers...

well, except for me. ;)

Lynn Blake is not often discussed (disected) like Ben is, but after a few years, he will.

I have seen Lynn walk up to a golfer who was hittting it ok and made a change that resulted in a shank or two, almost insantly.

So?

Lynn teaches the two patterns in the 6th and 7th editions of TGM, and he does that very well. He is not a quick fix teacher either.

But...Ben and Lynn both get results. Read the REAL LIFE reviews.

I am the ultimate GG lesson giver, the best of all-time.

GG?

GG is a student/client of mind. My BEST client. I teach his whole family, and a lot of his pals. GG's expectations of a lesson is that in a couple dozen balls, I can fix a student's problem and make them start "looking like a golfer."

I do this WITHOUT teaching throwaway or stupid grips or looking at the target at impact, etc.

I am—if I may say so myself—the best at this of all-time.

But Lynn and Ben are not going to change what they teach after watching me fix people in minutes each.

They have sometime to give—and sell. And THANK GOD for that.

They have information that, really, no one else has in the way they "have" it.

To say beacuase they don't IMMEDIATELY get results that would impress GG or you or anyone else, they are somehow, not good teachers is downright stupid.

I have learned A LOT from those guys and I was THRILLED they taught as they did.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

I do this WITHOUT teaching throwaway or stupid grips or looking at the target at impact, etc.

I am—if I may say so myself—the best at this of all-time.

Ahahahahah I love it.

Ur hilarious man.

(not being sarcastic or anything BTW....lol- seriously I'm not).

:)

Bono

New
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

Cool.

Who's Don Shaw?
Don Shaw was a teaching pro in Seattle. He (and one other person) spent more hours with Homer then problably everyone else combined.

quote:Originally posted by 6bee1dee

quote:Originally posted by Ian Clark

I have got to say some good stuff about Joe, I have just taken my GSEB level 1 class with Joe in Oregon, and he was certainly passionate about TGM, all Joe wants is to take TGM forward.

I’m sure he is- he would have to be to want to be the copyright owner of the book and head of authorizing instructors.

I will not say there is a divide but I would call it a lack of interest in what Lynn Blake is doing. Do you know what Lynn Blake is doing and has done in regard to spreading interest in The Golfing Machine?

I have emailed Joe several times about AI classes. He has never emailed me back.
Ian, maybe you can help me here. I wanted to know why the 2 Level One classes and after the completion of the first part of Level One – what have you obtained ? How is it different from the second part of Level One? Is there a title that you who earn for part A Level One instruction?

Perhaps when I mentioned Lynn Blake and the workshops he has conducted and how perhaps, just perhaps, Level One part One may already be a level reached by some over the years of personal study and enlightenment from forums conducted by Blake, Evans and Manzella, that a test (for a fee, of course) could be taken and if past and deemed acceptable, you can enroll in Level One part two class. Phew!

When did Level One become two part?

These are the questions I asked a few times via Email and never heard a word.
I was in the first class after GSEB became two part- Feb, 2004 I think - which also happened to be Lynn's introduction back into the teaching world.

All the pro's were cool, very knowledgable, etc (me being the only non pro), but...in all fairness, none of them were even close to me at the time in knowing the book or the concepts. Tom Reynolds was problably the closest. That was evidenced by a class debate Lynn and I got into regarding accumulator #3 and horizontal hinging - blank stares. Other then that, alot of crazy looks to me (like I was obsessive or something :))....so...in summary, they, I am sure, are much better teachers then me - communication, eye for flaws, etc...but as far as the book...not everyone is on a level playing field.

I talked at length with Danny about Level 1 and Level 2 to obtain GSEB status. In my mind...if someone pays to go through Level 1, they should have some type of status (payoff if you will...other then the knowledge).....but...hasnt happened. I believe Joe and I also had some discussion on this.

Bono

New
quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

Also, consider that due to the nature of Swinging, physics takes precedence over geometry, and vice versa for Hitting. That does NOT mean geometry is not important for the Swinger, or vice versa.

Now, Ben teaches Swinging...
Tong...always enjoy your posts...but can you explain?

In either hitting or swinging, geometry takes precedence over physics, otherwise, force would be establishing alignments...maybe I am missing something in regards to your post though..

Thanks

"geometry takes precedence over physics, otherwise, force would be establishing alignments"

Gregg McHatton believes that physics CAN force geometry.

Bono

New
quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

"geometry takes precedence over physics, otherwise, force would be establishing alignments"

Gregg McHatton believes that physics CAN force geometry.
Hi MJ...

And I agree. If your emphasis is on physics - geometry will be forced, but precision will be compromised.

Placing physics ahead of geometry is contradictory to everything the book stands for, no?

Is it really tho? Maybe in certain ways.....cause I'm not sure about Double-Cocking, etc.....but for a Swinger, CF really is huge.

Hey there Bono -

Most certainly - geometry rules in TGM! But consider this - geometry gives no hint as to a sound physics which will produce that geometry. Improper, ineffective movements can produce every one of the posed pictures in the book.

Gregg has found a way to communicate both the Physics and Geometry of the stroke.
He is very hands-on. And uses something I call Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation.
whew. I've stood out there with him for hours and dang it, most of those people start making beautiful swings and just thump it. He doesn't even talk very much. It's like Freudian therapy..he just sits there and listens while people **** and then he starts tweeking. Then, bing! the lightbulb goes on.
Is this off the subject?

bill,

This is smack ON the subject!

Any details on "Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation"? David Lee of Gravity Golf believes that elimination of proprioceptor hand-brain ball location is essential in acquiring the physics of his swing.

Bono

New
quote:Originally posted by birdie_man

Is it really tho? Maybe in certain ways.....cause I'm not sure about Double-Cocking, etc.....but for a Swinger, CF really is huge.
Hi Birdie....
I agree that a swinger, from a physics perspective, is primarily concerned about centrifugal force. However...G.O.L.F. is about alignments first and foremost - no doubt about that!

My point is...in either hitting or swinging, geometry takes precedence over physics according to the little yellow book, thats all. I think people can get the wrong impression from the original comment.

quote:Originally posted by MizunoJoe

Hey there Bono -

Most certainly - geometry rules in TGM! But consider this - geometry gives no hint as to a sound physics which will produce that geometry. Improper, ineffective movements can produce every one of the posed pictures in the book.

Hey Mj! Good point! And I agree - the geometry certainly does not explain the physics necessary to produce that geometry (something has to move something, right?). Let me clarify on my comment. I took your comment about Gregg to mean that (and I can be totally wrong!) he seems to concentrate more on physics then geometry. I am only saying that, in TGM (not saying it cant be done, etc) this would be the equivalent of pivot controlled hands versus hands controlled pivot. And again - I may have misinterpreted your comment...if thats the case, I apologize!

quote:Originally posted by billmckinneygolf

Gregg has found a way to communicate both the Physics and Geometry of the stroke.
He is very hands-on. And uses something I call Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation.
whew. I've stood out there with him for hours and dang it, most of those people start making beautiful swings and just thump it. He doesn't even talk very much. It's like Freudian therapy..he just sits there and listens while people **** and then he starts tweeking. Then, bing! the lightbulb goes on.
Is this off the subject?

No sir Bill...right on line with me! Love to hear more about PMF (think I have heard about it but not sure)!!!!!!!

-Patrick/Phillgolf

"I took your comment about Gregg to mean that (and I can be totally wrong!) he seems to concentrate more on physics then geometry."

I was just quoting Bill McK - I took it to mean that Gregg found a way to get the physics to produce the geometry as an anatomical certainty. But I'm just guessing and would like to hear more about this idea.

"I am only saying that, in TGM (not saying it cant be done, etc) this would be the equivalent of pivot controlled hands versus hands controlled pivot."

Yes - that's exactly what it means in TGM.

quote:Originally posted by Bono

quote:Originally posted by tongzilla

Also, consider that due to the nature of Swinging, physics takes precedence over geometry, and vice versa for Hitting. That does NOT mean geometry is not important for the Swinger, or vice versa.

Now, Ben teaches Swinging...
Tong...always enjoy your posts...but can you explain?

In either hitting or swinging, geometry takes precedence over physics, otherwise, force would be establishing alignments...maybe I am missing something in regards to your post though..

Thanks

Yes, we agree. I have posted further comments on another thread (http://www.manzellagolfforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2620)

I'll copy and paste it here:

================================

Zone #1 (Pivot) must be mastered before Zone #3 (Hands). Zone #3 can never be better than Zone #1. So don't go "ooh, xyz is a rubbish teacher because he is always talking about pivot this and pivot that." He may merely be teaching the proper use of your Pivot before you can progress onto the Hands Zone.

The Golfing Machine is about Hand Controlled Pivot, not the other way round. Homer said the Pivot Controlled Hands procedure is so inferior that it's not even worth considering, except during transitional periods for the player.

Pivot Controlled Hands assigns to Physics precedence over Geometry -- Force dictating alignments. Which obviously reduces precision. But the Pivot may be educated to produce geometric Hand and Club alignments and relationships with some degree of precision which would definitely improve control.

In Swinging, Horizontal Hinging is naturally produced if centrifugal force remains unhampered. This is the 'physics dictating geometry' aspect some people talk about. More specifically, it's Clubface geometry. However, the Educated Hand and the Right Forearm is needed to maintain the On Plane Sweetspot and hence Clubhead and Clubshaft Geometry.

The hands are always aiming, sensing (via Pressure Points) and relaying information to and from the club. If they are educated, they dictate how the pivot should move by themselves.

Hands Controlled Pivot doesn't mean hitting the balls with your hand so the pivot doesn't do any work. The Pivot still acts as a massive rotor transfering momentum to the club. The difference is merely in what you monitor.

================================

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

Tongzila,

speeking for Bill and the pros the answer is no. Or not as standard proceedure anyway.

Then I suppose it's the Auto Snap then...(looking at a their video swings).

So it ain't Pivot Controlled Hands.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Hand controlled pivot is what we use , 10 24 F is a very risque proceedure. Auto snap release is the component variation used with a wrist throw trigger type.

Great to see you interested Tongzilla.

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

Hand controlled pivot is what we use , 10 24 F is a very risque proceedure. Auto snap release is the component variation used with a wrist throw trigger type.

Great to see you interested Tongzilla.

Yes, glad we've made this point nice and clear to all those who are convinced that pivot controlled hands is better with swinging (i.e. physics taking precedence over geometry).

Yup, I like wrist throw combined with delivery path throw (cos it helps with auto aspect of release). Isn't TGM just great? (rhetorical question ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.