My battle with "Over the Top"

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks good.

no OTT there. maybe a single-shift, from elbow to TSP then down the TSP.
although it is hard to see. hard to turn my desk top screen on its side

over the top

cant stop it, watches nsa, tried swinging out to the right, re routing to what felt like the inside, but i just cant do it. grrrr......shame becuase i love the game just wish i could stop it.

Looks to me like you start downswing with your shoulders and arms... try to move your hips toward the target then turn them while your head stays back (even better base of the neck) and your chest is not turning as long as possible... this helped me a lot.

Perhaps you are focusing too much on plane..........and not enough on plane LINE and clubface...?

My other thought is that you seem like a guy who could use a steeper shoulder turn. (just don't start reverse pivoting ala S&T yuck) At least for now. This is somewhat what Brian was trying to do with you I do think. Steeper STurn + trace more outside in your backswing.

I still have a feeling you may not end up being an Elbow Planer.

Hopefully I am not too off-base with all this.

(thus someone tell me to shut my yap if I am)

(for real)

Just ideas. I can tell you are getting frustrated.

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
A lot of great players come slightly so called OTT. If the ball goes where you want...who cares..

You love the game......the most important thing is score not swing. Being so focused on the perfect swing, especially huge accumulator lag has been a detriment to my overall game.

No offense, but how many times a day are you going to post your swing and ask for help? Go see a teacher or something...

I think you aren't adding enough axis tilt late enough in the downswing. I'll defer to Manzella Academy members for more sure-fire analysis though. I could be way off :).

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like your upper body moves toward the target at the very top of the backswing (even before you start the downswing there is a shift toward the target). You therefore can't get enough axis tilt because it's impossible to get your tailbone ahead of the top of your spine when the top of your spine has moved. Seems like a simple swing thought here would be 'stay behind the ball', i.e. keep your head centered and, if anything, further behind the ball at impact.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Help is coming....

Here is the deal:

You have a pretty good move.

But:

1. Grip is too strong.

2. Elbows too narrow on backswing.

3. Right shoulder too high/hips too far back at start down.

You need the "Soft Draw" pattern...(I have hinted at the backswing for you.)

Next move is to start swinging the club until the butt of the club points at the target (or just tot the right) near the finish.

Don't go past this point and VIDEO IT and post it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.