O'Hair leaves swing coach Foley - Brian Manzella response p4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is that 90% of the nonsense I wrote was direct quotes from Foley. Sounds absurd coming from someone else, but when he said it, he left the golf press gushing.

And for the record, I do have a man-crush on Thomas Sowell.

Nothing wrong with that... Economists need groupies as well. Most of my man crushes are on dead guys (Ewwwwwwwwww... Hayek, Rothbard)

lia41985

Everybody is talking about Sabbatini, but is it possible O'Hair is suspended right now. When there are altercations in other sports (NBA, NFL ) they almost always penalize both guys.

dbl

New
Otoh, Sabbatini is playing this week at QH. Saw him on the coverage (briefly) and they didn't mention anything, unless I missed it.

MADRID (AP) -- Seve Ballesteros' condition has severely deteriorated more than two years after the 54-year-old golf great had surgery to remove a cancerous brain tumor.

He is being cared for at home in the northern Spanish town of Pedrena, where he has mostly been since undergoing four operations in late 2008, his family said Friday. A statement on the golfer's website said his "neurological condition has suffered a severe deterioration."

You were joking? Really?

I was about to tell you how much I liked your thoughts on psych/language connection, "British [style?] Imperialism", politics, general philosophy, and anything else that generally lit me up. (no jokes about wine drinking)

Wasn't so into "premier expert on golf mechanics" and some other stuff but..

Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to save the world. **** everything, I thought it should be obvious..? What's wrong with having a "vision", of sorts?

Then again, if y'all think the dude is being disingenuous or pretentious, or if this is thought to be an unwelcome distraction from more typical golf discussions then that's another story. (Your opinion)

Brian, I don't doubt mechanics, physical ability, and golf talent are (in golf) King when The Dalai Lama (to use him again) and many a smart, studious person can't break 90 and many a meathead can really play.

But doesn't everything count? What about anyone who has ever "lost it" under pressure?

I've gotta be honest, I look to the day when someone takes sports psych and psych in general to another, more useful, level. And whatever else anyone can dream up.

Last edited:
Btw, as for "Canadian discrimination", I have never heard of or experienced much of it to pay too much attention to, ha. Hope things go well so it stays that way.

Feel free to hurl insults in my direction, nonetheless.

Many times people need to change the whole situation from the base to get better results. O'Hair wants victory, OK, that's his right. Golf is golf, personal relationship is personal relationship.

My man crush is on Walter Williams
Super duper off topic, but one of my favorite quotes of all time is from Walter...
"Liberals believe government should take people's earnings to give to poor people. Conservatives disagree. They think government should confiscate people's earnings and give them to farmers and insolvent banks. The compelling issue to both conservatives and liberals is not whether it is legitimate for government to confiscate one's property to give to another, the debate is over the disposition of the pillage."

...There are now multiple discussions at another general golf discussion website that are claiming the Woods/Foley break-up rumblings have started in earnest.

Maybe O'Hair finally realized that the ball doesn't know the difference between a "face draw" and a "path draw".
Or maybe he realized that just because your hands are in front of the ball at impact, doesn't mean the clubface is open.
Having said that, O'Hair and too many Tour players are WAY too dependent on others for their own success.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Maybe O'Hair finally realized that the ball doesn't know the difference between a "face draw" and a "path draw".
Or maybe he realized that just because your hands are in front of the ball at impact, doesn't mean the clubface is open.
Having said that, O'Hair and too many Tour players are WAY too dependent on others for their own success.

I dont agree all the time with you but you are spot on with this one.

bcoak

New
"I got a question, if you guys know so much about women how come you're here at like a Gas & Sip on a Saturday night, completely alone, drinking beers, no women anywhere?"

Status
Not open for further replies.