Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy

Banned

Feel isn't real:

Trevorflip.png
Trevorbowed.png

Great stuff Marty!

An excellent description of what we are saying about the left wrist.

I remember Brian saying in a post long ago that he never teaches people to hit certain positions in the swing (paraphrase). Meaning, I think, that a position is a result of a kinematic sequence. Kinematics not kinetics. This new stuff fits exactly with that prescription. So how did holding a flat left wrist get into it? Anyone who has tried this new release knows that it is the most natural thing in the world and that the physics is right.

What a hard struggle to blow up a ridiculous idea. The dogma must be questioned at every step.

Drew

Not a physician but that particular injury has plagued me for years. With the new release no pain and the cuff is on the mend.

Drew

And two years ago people would have thought ole serg was crazy...

Sergio Garcia's secrets for pure contact on golf shots - 11 - Photos - Golf.com

This is brilliant!!! It sums up with one image and just a few words, SO MUCH of what is going on in this thread. After all, we are talking about the poster child for lag here, and yet Sergio shows that his approach is to release the club head ("line it up" we might say) and to think of having a flat RIGHT wrist and a slightly BENT left wrist just after impact.

Great stuff.

rcw

New
Jeffy,

Read the article that the Immelmann pics came from. He wants to have that feel through the ball in order to get less lean.
Doesn't mean he achieves it. But check the Sergio pic and article. He does.
Also I'm pretty sure Kevins post was sarcastic.( doesn't look like you picked up on that.) But, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

rcw

New
Are you agreeing that this is a good feel for him to achieve? I think the point is he has the right intent.

jeffy

Banned
Are you agreeing that this is a good feel for him to achieve? I think the point is he has the right intent.

I agree that the left wrist bends at some point post-impact in swings where upper left arm rotation is minimized, like most tour players. If that feel works for him, God bless him.

jeffy

Banned
Ok. Hey mines flat at and through the ball too. But Sergio is a touch better striker than me!

He is said to be one of the best athletes in pro golf. But it is getting tiresome that he can't close the deal, and it's not just his putting. The 72nd hole at the British was pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.