TIGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp29

New
I pulled it not Brian, was just making a joke, didn't want to get into an argument on what happened on that night.

I had no problem with the joke. I thought he was replying to you, but when that post disappeared, it looked like he was replying to me and his story about Woods and the flying wedges, which I hope is true. Didn't know Foley/Como were into TGM.

Extension--shallows out the AoA, shifts the baseline back to inline/DTL=clubhead travels more DTL without handle dragging and clubface stays squarer more (slows diwn rate of closure without handle dragging).

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Geez....the guy was taught flying wedges and steep shoulders under Foley.

Chris does not teach that.

The steep shoulders are—IMO—where the "backswing drop comes from.

The report from St. Andrews is he is hitting it good.

Geez....the guy was taught flying wedges and steep shoulders under Foley.

Chris does not teach that.

The steep shoulders are—IMO—where the "backswing drop comes from.

The report from St. Andrews is he is hitting it good.
And radius too long for the ball, Brian. Hence the need to get left shoulder higher at/thru impact; otherwise shank or chunk, or anything needed to compensate these.

Chris Como is going to get the blame for this performance but his game plan has been pathetic. Layed it 30-70 yards back from where everyone else was hitting it off the tee and consequently was punished for not being precise enough with his wedges. First hole, if he leaves his tee shot 100 yards from the green instead of 135 he doesn't hit it in the byrne. Second hole if he leaves himself 120 instead of 170 he doesn't miss the green short. St Andrews was there for the taking this morning but he's playing as if he's playing a burnt out Hoylake. Maybe he is gone mentally.

Last edited:

mp29

New
I can hear Brian already: 88% fairways and 300 yd drive avg, proves Como got rid of Foley tee stuff. But 56% GIR, so Como has not yet exorcised the Foley steep shoulder, flying wedges, handle dragged irons. And, this Open is still just practice. But can't say anything else. :D

Foley has become the Geo W Bush of the Tiger world and the TGM Flying Wedges are the weapons of mass destruction.

Don't think +4 after 8 was in the plan.

wow! at least we're beating faldo +10 thru 14. :)

he has done so many swing changes....two things he can do call it a day and retire or dig in and fight.

personally i'd fight. he's 39 not 49. it's easy to give up people do it all the time...much much harder to dig in and fight.

if you fight and don't succeed at least you can say i gave it my best- no shame in that.

fight... that's what his dad would most likely say.

Last edited:

mp29

New
Time catches up with everyone. He reminds me of Joe Louis, who couldn't accept his decline and just had to do a comeback only to get knocked out by Marciano.

Time catches up with everyone. He reminds me of Joe Louis, who couldn't accept his decline and just had to do a comeback only to get knocked out by Marciano.

Except this is golf and not boxing. Boxing is more then likely a lot different then golf in terms how age affects performance plus the physical punishment boxers experience might have just a tiny bit to do with their decline in their later years.

Status
Not open for further replies.